THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Final Monday Night League Match

I am still trying to find out whether our one remaining Monday Night League match against SHUG is being played this coming Monday night (22nd August...when Man United v. Spurs is live on TV and we have loads of players unavailable) or whether it is going to be re-scheduled for Monday 5th September. (We can't play on the 29th as it is a Bank Holiday).
I will let you all know as soon as I find out.

The results from last night are now online here, and if you look at the League Table, we will actually finish 4th and only one point behind the third-placed team (SHUG) if we win that last match !
It shows how much we have improved since that 9-1 defeat to K & M Old Boys a month or so ago. (I won't mention who played in that ).

Re: Our Final Monday Night League Match

Laurence
I am still trying to find out whether our one remaining Monday Night League match against SHUG is being played this coming Monday night (22nd August...when Man United v. Spurs is live on TV and we have loads of players unavailable) or whether it is going to be re-scheduled for Monday 5th September. (We can't play on the 29th as it is a Bank Holiday).
This is quite frustrating as Liz from the SHC is not replying to e-mails that myself and the SHUG Manager have been sending her for well over a week, while the SHC phone just goes to voicemail. I have left a message on there, so hopefully she will get back to me at some stage today, although maybe she is on holiday ?

Both myself and the SHUG Manager are telling her we want to play the game on Monday 5th September because we have too many players injured or who want to watch Man United v. Spurs, while they have too many players on holiday. If she doesn't get back to us, then personally I think we should just take a risk and not bother turning up on Monday. I think SHUG will be doing the same.

Laurence
If she doesn't get back to us, then personally I think we should just take a risk and not bother turning up on Monday. I think SHUG will be doing the same.
SHUG are indeed doing that (just confirmed to me by e-mail), so as far as we are concerned, we are not playing this coming Monday and will turn up to play the game on Monday 5th September instead. (8.30.p.m. Kick-Off).

I will update the Forthcoming Fixtures page later today.

Definitely now on Monday 5th September at 8.30.p.m., so no game this Monday.
Now confirmed by Liz at the SHC.