THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 18th August (7-a-side)

This coming Thursday night's Plate League match is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off against Enfield Bears.

Last Thursday's results have now finally appeared here on the SHC's Fixtures Live website, and Enfield Bears beat Locomotive Southgate 4-2 last week...a week after they lost 9-4 to the team we beat 8-1 last week !
We are therefore now in a really strong position at the top of the table, but we still need to win this match and then (probably) get a draw at least against Locomotive Southgate the following week for us to clinch the title.
Who knows what sort of side Enfield Bears will turn up with this week. They are so unpredictable !

The squad for this coming Thursday's match will hopefully be as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Alan Barnard
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Lexton Harrison
Ricky Kyagaba
Ben Keating
Lee King

However, Ricky picked up an ankle injury on Sunday so he may have to drop out, while Daley was a bit reluctant to play because he owes too much subs and doesn't want it building up even more. Also, John Scouller is working, so that means Lexton will have to pick up Ricky, Ben & Lee...and they are bound to turn up late !?

We will probably have to sort things out during the day on Thursday, so don't be surprised if we have to start the match with just five players including myself & Trevor (wearing his glasses) !

Re: Squad for Thursday 18th August (7-a-side)

I'll be there.

I have not heard anything from Ricky, so I presume he is fit to play ?

As far as I know, Cascoe gets back from holiday either today or tomorrow. Hopefully he will arrange to pick up Daley ?

I have not heard anything from Tim (or from Barney to tell me if Tim is playing or not), so I assume that's me in goal again then ?
We need to win this match, so I wouldn't advise that !

Tim tells me he should be there.

I will be there

Ben & Ricky have both dropped out, so we only have 6 players for tonight (not including me).

Any volunteers ?

Just in case anybody is wondering, we lost this game 5-4, basically because it was too short notice to find replacements for Ben & Ricky and I therefore had to play against a very strong, fit & physical team.
If we had been able to field a squad of 8 (not including me), we would have beaten them. No question.

We now need four points from our last two games to win the Plate League title.

I won't have the website updated with the match report, etc. until this evening.