THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 15th August (7-a-Side)

Our next 7-a-side League match this coming Monday (7.30.p.m. Kick-Off) is against bottom team Trent Park Rovers, who have lost every match they have actually played this Summer. (Their only win was by default).

I am currently trying to find out whether Loveday is available to be Manager and therefore picking the squad. I don't know whether he is attending this Sunday's match either.
The situation as I see it though, is that Jacko should play in goal on Thursday Night as he is away this Sunday and I don't know when he gets back, so we could do with having either Olie Tedder or Tim Beeden in goal for this match. In fact if both of them are available we may well need one of them as an outfield player as we are definitely going to be struggling for numbers, although I could play in a bare seven against Trent Park Rovers if necessary and we would still probably win...just !

Our Thursday Night match next week (against Enfield Bears) is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off and virtually 'everybody' wants to play in that, but they don't want to play on Monday (or can't because the kick-off time is too early for them).
Everything will therefore have to be sorted out on Sunday, so we hope everybody will stay for a drink afterwards and not shoot off before we have picked the squads.

I saw Nev from McKenzie Rangers last night before their match kicked-off and he told me they are not keen on playing 7-a-side for us on Monday nights now as they all train with Winchmore Hill on Tuesday Nights. (That is who they are going to be playing for on Saturdays). It also looks unlikely that they will train with us on Wednesday nights during the season because of that, while the defenders we would like to sign are injured and on holiday until September respectively.
We are badly going to need both Loveday and Martin Worthington to get themselves fit by Sunday 11th September (when we have got loads of players missing), otherwise Lexton will have to play in defence.

Re: Squad for Monday 15th August (7-a-Side)

I cannot play at all next week, still away, get back on Saturday so will be available on Sunday 21st.

Ok the early team news is as follows:

Terry Moore - Confirmed
Martin Loveday - Confirmed
Tony King - Confirmed
Colin Bester - Confirmed
Danny Hagan - Awaiting response
Kizza - Awaiting response
Olie - Awaiting response
Lexton - Awaiting response

Steve Cokell - Unavailable
Stu Dorward - Unavailable

I shall keep you updated.

How are we doing for players tonight ?
I make it we only have six (Loveday, Terry Moore, Colin, Kizza, Tony King & Hagan), in which case I will have to play in a bare seven.

Has Loveday got anybody else ?

(I will start a thread for Thursday Night in a minute).

We beat Trent Park Rovers 8-3 last night and we were not particularly happy with our performance having been 3-0 up after just three minutes !

However, just looking at the results from the 15 previous times we have played them, 8 is the most we have ever scored against them and our 7-0 victory against them earlier this Summer was our biggest-ever winning margin against them. We even lost 6-3 to them once and drew with them twice, while on several occasions we have only beaten them by a one or two-goal margin, so it wasn't all that bad last night.