THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 11th August (7-a-side)

Our next Thursday night match is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off against bottom team North London Rovers and the squad is currently as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK)...Hopefully, as there is nobody else available as far as I know.
Alan Barnard
Daniel Cascoe
Ricky Kyagaba
Ben Keating
Lee King

then two out of the following four players:
Yianni Kyriacou
Daniel Daley
Lexton Harrison
John Scouller

Yianni is on holiday at the moment and may or may not be working when he gets back, Lexton also might be working late, and Daley may not reccover from stitches in a gashed ankle in time. Hopefully we will know what the situation is by Wednesday evening.

Re: Squad for Thursday 11th August (7-a-side)

I can confirm that Daniel Daley & John Scouller are now in the squad, so we have 7 outfield players.

We need to get a goalkeeper sorted out.
The situation at the moment is that Jacko is definitely not available as he is away somewhere, Tim is moving house (I think Barney said ?), Dave Bagnall has disappeared, Darryl won't play in goal on Astroturf, Loveday has a groin strain and is generally not available on a Thursday anyway ?, and Olie texted me to say that he doesn't want to play because he was annoyed at being left out for this Monday after he played so well in goal in our last Monday night match 10 days ago.
However, I had no idea that Olie actually wanted to play on a regular basis, as neither he nor Danny Hagan told me that was the case. Jacko then asked to play on Monday instead of Thursday this week because he was going away in midweek, so I named Tim as keeper for Thursday Night.

If Olie can play in goal tomorrow night (and says he wants to challenge Jacko as our No.1 keeper for this season and make himself available every week), then that is ideal as far as I am concerned.
Although Trev has put Darryl in goal for this Sunday while Jacko is away, it is a Pre-Season Friendly and there is no reason why he can't give Darryl and Olie half a game each or even give Olie a full game if Darryl is serious about retiring and agrees with that ?

Just a warning that nobody has volunteered to go in goal yet. I don't think anybody is looking at the Forum anyway.
I haven't got time to chase players up today, so I am just hoping everybody turns up. If they are interested, they should be phoning/texting me if they are not sure.

I am happy to not play if Ollie really wants to be 1st or 2nd choice keeper. If he does then i'll step to one side. If he doesn't then i'm here to help out but i will need a game. I'm happy to play a half Sunday.