THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 8th August (7-a-Side)

Our next 7-a-side League match is this coming Monday when we face SHUG in a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off.

Loveday is unavailable due to work commitments, so I have picked a squad for this match as follows:
Olie Tedder or Tim Beeden (GK)
Terry Moore
Colin Bester
Steve Cokell
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Tony King
Lexton Harrison
Tem Adil
(If he is about).

However, most of those players will be playing in our Pre-Season Friendly on Sunday, so I'm not sure at the moment if they want to play two days running.
We may need some of the McKenzie Rangers players to play, but unfortunately their 7-a-side game was called off earlier this evening so we were unable to speak to them to find out if they are available. I will try e-mailing and phoning them tomorrow (Friday).

Regarding the goalkeeper's position, Olie played really well last Monday, so he can keep his place if he wants. Can Tim let me know in the meantime if he is available though, just in case Olie isn't ?

Re: Squad for Monday 8th August (7-a-Side)

Sorry but I can't play on Monday

A few changes now as Steve Cokell and Lexton can't play, I haven't heard from Tem and Kizza has not yet replied to a text I sent him after our match this morning, although I will leave him in the squad for the time being.

The squad of 8 is now as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Martin Cruickshank
Colin Bester
Danny Hagan
Tony King
John Scouller
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo

If anybody else is available, please let me know as there is quite a strong possibility that one or more of the above may drop out.

I'm going to have to pull tonight, my groin is playing up and having a week off next week, it just makes sense to rest it.

John Scouller has also dropped out with a niggling injury from yesterday and Kizza has not got back to me to confirm his availability, so I have ruled him out as well.

I have texted Danny Hagan to try and get Olie to play in goal and I have asked three McKenzie Rangers players ( Nev Niyazi, Manish Madhvani & Nick Howard ) to play. Nev has something else on at the moment which he is trying to change and he has informed the other two they are needed.
I would think it's unlikely that any of them will be able to confirm until much later this afternoon though, so we are just going to have to hope they can play and that we don't end up with a bare five including no goalkeeper.

Loads of rumours going round on Facebook at the moment that riots are being planned for Southgate, Barnet, Winchmore Hill & Palmers Green tonight and that shops are closing down and roads being sealed off already. Don't know how true that is as I am in Edmonton.

I'll give it another hour or so to see what develops before calling the SHC and trying to get them to call the games off if necessary.
If they do, then we will have to play on Monday 22nd August...and miss Man United v. Spurs.

This page on the Enfield Independent website is the best place to find out what is going on riot-wise: http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/news/londonriots2011/9183519.London_Riots___live_updates/

From what I am reading there, it looks likely that 7-a-side tonight could well be called off within the next couple of hours.

GAME OFF !

Hagan just phoned me and he is stuck in Hackney at a police road block. Also Olie isn't playing.
I just phoned Liz at the SHC and she agreed that it will be too risky for the games to go ahead tonight.

Match now re-arranged for Monday 22nd August at 8.30.p.m.

Obviously that's going to rule out any of our players who are Man United or Spurs supporters (unless they don't have Sky ?), but I'll being annoyed if Arsenal fans want to stay at home and watch it instead of playing 7-a-side !!

So...a squad of Jacko (Stoke), Terry Moore (AFC Wimbledon), Colin (Arsenal), Lexton (Arsenal), Kizza (West Ham), Tony King (Hull), Dean (Arsenal), Tem (Arsenal) and a few Arsenal-supporting McKenzies players maybe.

For what it's worth, I'll always play sport over watching it on TV.

Our opponents (SHUG) are now saying they may not be able to field a team on the 22nd as they have players on holiday. As the 29th is a Bank Holiday, Liz is asking if we want to play on Monday 5th September instead. I have told her that's o.k. even though we have training over there two nights later on Wednesday 7th.
Just waiting for SHUG to get back to us now. They will play on the 22nd if they can find enough players.