THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 4th August (7-a-Side)

Our next match this Thursday is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off in the Plate League against Locomotive Southgate, who won their first match 7-0 last week while we were beating Enfield Bears.
As there are 'definitely ?' only three matches in the Plate League instead of six, whoever wins this match is likely to win the League. Unfortunately though, Danny Hagan, Lee King, Yianni Kyriacou and Daniel Daley are all unavailable, while others have not been getting in touch recently. It now appears that there is definitely something wrong with my phone whereby text messages I send out get delivered, but not to who I am sending them to !

I am therefore going to have to phone and speak to Daniel Cascoe and Colin Bester during the day tomorrow (Tuesday) while they are supposed to be working to find out if they can play on Thursday night, as they will both be needed.

The hopeful squad of 8 at the moment is:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Colin Bester
Daniel Cascoe
Ben Keating
John Scouller
Dean Assiamah
Ricky Kyagaba

Lexton Harrison will be the first-choice replacement if any of the above cannot play.

Unfortunately I will have to be Manager as Trevor has family commitments.

Re: Squad for Thursday 4th August (7-a-Side)

Fine to play - see you then.

Lol,

As discussed last night am available for Thursday if needed.

Cheers

Yup I'm fine

Cascoe & Colin are not available, so I have told Lexton he is definitely playing.

I have sent Dean a message on Facebook telling him he is in the squad and that I can give him a lift, but he hasn't replied yet.
In addition to Tony King, Terry Moore texted me to say he can play if needed, so I have put him in the squad as he might be able to give Dean a lift instead of me...bearing in mind I have to get there 'early' because I have got the kit and the money to pay for the match.

If Dean can't play, then Tony will take his place. Hopefully Dean will let me know by this evening.

Ben & Ricky both told me last week that they would be available. I have asked John to chase them up and give them a lift.

I know that everybody in the squad except for Lexton is reading this Forum even though they can't/won't post on here, so just a reminder to them all that the car park will be packed as it is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off. Please make sure you all get there early enough to give yourselves time to find a space.
It would be absolutely ridiculous if we have to concede the match because we have only got 4 players there at 8.10.p.m. (That's the rules).
We are getting far too many players turning up after the kick-off lately and it's not good enough.

Personally, I think more people should cycle there...

Just to confirm that the squad for tonight is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Ben Keating
Ricky Kyagaba
Dean Assiamah
John Scouller
Ryan Lobban
(A mate of John's who is a defender...I think ?...and wants to join)

If all 9 players turn up, John says he doesn't mind dropping out so that we only have one sub.