THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training/7-a-side Squad for This Thursday (28th July)

This coming Thursday sees us playing our first Plate League match. It is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off against Enfield Bears, who we beat 3-2 in our last Thursday night match two weeks ago.

We have also booked the grass area for a training session beforehand, starting at 7.00.p.m., and this time we cannot cancel it.
That means everybody must make an effort to attend if they possibly can...and bring any mates along who want to join us.

More details will appear here on this thread and on the website during the next copule of days, but if players could let me know in the meantime if they are available this Thursday, that will help.

Re: Training/7-a-side Squad for This Thursday (28th July)

Available.

Available for 7 a side will not be there for training though.

I'll be there for both.
Cheers
Barney

I'm pleased to say it's looking quite promising for training on Thursday night now.

Definitely going (in addition to myself & Trevor) are:
Martin Loveday
Alan Barnard
Lexton Harrison
Ben Keating
Lee King
John Scouller

then I'm pretty sure that at least four out of Tem Adil, Dean Assiamah (who now has a job thanks to John Scouller and can start playing again), Colin Bester, Daniel Cascoe, Danny Hagan (who I think gets back from holiday during the day ?), Tony King and Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo should be there.

We also have quite a few prospective new players who have either e-mailed asking to join or are being brought along by the players listed above, so I would say there is a reasonable chance we could get 14 there, in which case we can do a training session consisting of some warm-up ball-work, shooting practice and then a two-touch/three-touch 7-a-side.

Obviously it is up to Trevor, but I would suggest that Loveday goes in goal for the shooting practice as Jacko is away in Stoke and Tim Beeden can only make it for the 7-a-side match at 8.00.p.m. and not for training. That's unless Dave Bagnall turns up for training.
Loveday can then play 7-a-side as an outfield player.
I would then pick a squad of 10 for the 7-a-side League match at 8.00.p.m. and just make three lots of three substitutions at a time. (Half-way through the First Half, at Half-Time, and then half-way through the Second Half). That's assuming that all those playing 7-a-side have done the one-hour training session beforehand.
Also, I wouldn't pick anybody for the 7-a-side match who turns up without proper Astroturf boots and is just going to slide about on the sandy surface in flat-soled trainers (like Lee's mate Jorge apparently did last Thursday ?). We are not going to get a good idea of what new players are like unless they turn up with the correct footwear for both grass and a sandy (non-3G) Astroturf.

I have put full details of arrangements for training here on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.
We are going to need at least three people there by 6.50.p.m. to move the goals from over by the bushes after I have got the key for them from behind the bar.
Can Barney & Loveday help me with that ?
Trev can then wait in the car park for other players to arrive and help him bring all the balls, bibs, cones, etc. over to the grass area.

6.50 will be tight for me but should be ok to get there and help.

I should be OK for 6.50.

Two of us might be able to do it. I think the goals are on wheels ?

I texted Tem, Dean, Cascoe & Hagan early yesterday evening and have still not had a reply...so presumably there is still 'something wrong with my phone' then ?
Hagan is back from holiday and did post on Facebook that he needs some football training though.

Colin, Tony King & Kizza all played on Monday and told me they 'might be' there tonight.