THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 25th July

Our next match this coming Monday night is a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off against R.J.'s All-Stars.
Martin Loveday is available for this game and will be Manager on the night, so he is currently putting together a squad and will name it on here in due course...as long as he can post here from his i-phone ?!

Also definitely wanting to play in this match are Simon Jackson (GK), Terry Moore & Tony King, with Jacko & Terry doing so because they are not available on Thursday due to family commitments.

Thursday night next week is going to be a real problem again by the look of it.
We have booked the grass area for training at 7.00.p.m. and asked for our 7-a-side (Plate League) match to kick-off at 8.00.p.m. Our opponents for that match should be announced later today.
McKenzie Rangers are in the Cup League and their fixtures have already been announced. Unfortunately they are all 9.00.p.m. Kick-Offs, so that means none of their players who want to join us will be able to train with us at 7.00.p.m. on Thursday. However, they are available to play for us on Monday if Loveday needs any of them.

Tim Beeden has told me that he 'should be' fit enough to play in goal in our 7-a-side match on Thursday night, but I'm not sure if that includes the 7.00.p.m. training session as well.
However, we only have two outfield players available for Thursday night at the moment (including training beforehand), and that's Alan Barnard & Daniel Cascoe. That's because everybody else appears to have gone away on holiday without telling me, is due to be coming back from holiday during the day so I can't check on their availability until then ( Danny Hagan ), or seem to just be taking a break because they have been playing too much football for their Saturday clubs or for various 5-a-side teams and are therefore not bothering to get in touch. We then have a problem where Lee King wants to play but we have nobody available at the moment who can give him a lift, while Daniel Daley is suspended after getting sent off in our last match, although he too appears to be away on holiday 'for several weeks' now anyway.

So at the moment, it looks like we will be fielding a strong side on Monday, but we are in danger of 'non-fulfilling' our fixture on Thursday and certainly wasting money by booking the grass area for training when we are not going to have any players using it.

Re: Squad for Monday 25th July

I can play / Train on Thursday.

Squad for Monday is as currently:
1 - Simon Jackson - Confirmed
2 - Terry Moore - Confirmed
3 - Colin Bester - Confirmed
4 - Tony King - Confirmed
5 - Stuart Dorward - Confirmed
6 - Scott Jenkins - Confirmed
7 - Martin Loveday - Confirmed (If required)

Others yet to respond:
Kizza / Lexton / Cokell and Alan Barnard.

The first 2 to confirm will go into the squad.

If anyone else wants to play that has not been named at this point, please let me know and i will let you know.

Cheers.

I am now not available to play or manage on Monday. I will continue to select the side.

Loveday
I am now not available to play or manage on Monday. I will continue to select the side.
Who's got the kit ?

Trev has the kit.

Scott is injured and Barney is replacing him. Still only got 6 no response from Lexton or Kizza. Trevor s aware that we need at least 1 player, preferably 2.

I will probably be there myself now (to pay the cheque for the Pre-Season bookings, etc.) but I would rather not have to play.
Problem is Trev can no longer post on this 'new' Forum. He can't get it to work. The same probably applies to a lot of our players as it's only me and you posting on here, Loveday !

I will play on Thursday if needed...which I almost certainly will be.

I did actually text Trevor last night so he should be aware. I will continue to chase players today and keep you both up to date.

how we doing for numbers?
am struggling a little bit and hope to be ok....

stu
how we doing for numbers?
am struggling a little bit and hope to be ok....
We have 8, but if anybody drops out now, nobody will be able to do anything about it.

can play tonight if needed and will be at training thursday with a new player

John. Best you play
Played golf yesterday and back got worse during day. Didn't want to leave boys with 6 or 7 though...