THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website Updates

The Latest Club News page has just been updated as regards the following:
a) Pre-Season Training this coming Thursday (and the following Thursday).
b) Pre-Season Friendlies.
c) Payment of Annual Subs.
d) 7-a-side League. (Current state of play and our remaining fixtures).
e) Registered Players for Season 2011-2012 and possible new players/how our squad is 'shaping up'.
f) League Website. (My one has now gone).

The Club Information page has also been updated for Season 2011-2012. All new players to the club are advised to read that page.
For players who played for us last season, the sections that have changed and need reading are 'Training sessions during the season' and 'Sending-Offs'.

The four Pre-Season Friendlies from last summer have now finally been edited and uploaded to You Tube.
Click on the following links to view the highlights or visit the Match Reports page and click on the links there. (You will also be able to view the Match Facts PDF's from that page).
Larsens (Won 3-2)
Cetinkaya Cinar (Won 1-0)
Continental (Lost 1-3) Atrociously bad performance thanks to 'all' our players turning up p!ssed.
Sporting Enfield (Lost 1-6) ...We are playing this team again on the 14th August and our players will need to have a good look at these highlights to see how fit they will need to be by the time we play this match !!!

Also, I am currently uploading all the Goal Of The Decade (both 1990's and 2000's) and last season's Goal Of The Season goals to my channel on You Tube with a view to designing pages for them in The Videos section of the website where you will be able to click on a link to each goal directly.
This may take a few days but you will be able to see some goals on You Tube already.

Re: Website Updates

You will notice that this Forum looks a bit 'odd' at the moment !
That's because I have now embedded it into the Rovers website and I am therefore currently experimenting with the design so that it fits in with the rest of the website.

From now onwards it is a much better idea if you all access the Forum on the Rovers website at the following link: http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/forum.html
and then save it as a 'Favourite/Bookmark'.

Once you have done that, delete the old Forum address from your Favourites/Bookmarks. It will be something like: http://pub2.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=140610949&frmid=36&msgid=847781&cmd=show

The yellow 'Forum' link on the Rovers website Home Page now takes you to the embedded Forum on the website rather than the Forum as an external link.
It also means that from the top of the Forum (when viewed in the website) you will be able to access all other pages on the Rovers website from the Forum page by using the drop-down menus that appear when you hover the mouse over the three main headings (The Present, The Past & The Videos). The link to get back to the Forum from other pages is in The Present section.

Personally I think this will be much, much better and it's something I have been meaning to do for ages.
I am convinced that up until now, a lot of our newer/younger players have been looking at the Forum (without posting on it) and didn't even realise that we had a Club Website as well !!

This is now flash based so it cannot be accessed via iphones, ipads, or ipod Touch.

Load of **** if you ask me

Jacko
This is now flash based so it cannot be accessed via iphones, ipads, or ipod Touch.

Load of **** if you ask me
Well I don't know how that has happened as this is definitely not a flash-based website.

If the embedded feeds from Full-Time and Fixtures Live work on i-phones, etc. from this website (which they do), then so should the Forum.

Jacko...if you tried it from an i-phone this morning, then it would not have worked because the Forum wasn't working on anything because I was still experimenting. I have sorted that problem out now.

Nope just tried it again and its telling me that:

Your Browser does not support this bravenet service.

The service requires javascript to be enabled and the latest flash player to be installed.

It then tries to point me to the Adobe download site.

Jacko
Nope just tried it again and its telling me that:

Your Browser does not support this bravenet service.

The service requires javascript to be enabled and the latest flash player to be installed.

It then tries to point me to the Adobe download site.
O.K. Cheers Jacko.
Just going on the Serif software Forum now to ask the geeks !

Jacko...can you tell me if this is just when you try to post something on the Forum as opposed to viewing it ?
Also, can you view the League Table here on your i-phone and the 7-a-side League Table here ?

just trying to view it.

New Chairman's Blog now on the Latest Club News page.

Also, as you can hopefully see, a link at the top of the Forum page (when viewed within the club website) that takes you to this Forum externally so that people using BlackBerrys & i-phones can post on here without having to download and instal Javascript and Flash.

Right...I am still experimenting with this Forum problem as players are still telling me they cannot even view it at work any more !

What I think is happening is that players' work computers' security software is blocking the page that the Forum is now embedded on, so as the link to the external Forum is only on that page, it blocks access to that as well.

I have therefore now put two links to the Forum on the Home Page.
The left-hand one goes to the embedded Forum in this website (which should work fine for those like myself who have a fast broadband connection and a home computer with Javascript & Flash installed), and the right-hand link to the Forum goes direct to the Bravenet site (which is what we have been doing for years).
If work computers still block access to even read the Forum from the right-hand link on the Home Page, then it will be because the Forum is now on a 'blocked list' on their security software because over the past week or so they have tried accessing it as an embedded link which takes them to something using Javascript & Flash technology.
There is nothing I can do about that, and there is nothing I can do about work computers not allowing our players to post messages on the Forum.
You will just have to use your BlackBerrys & i-phones in your lunch break instead I'm afraid...which do now work if you use the right-hand link to the Forum from the Home Page.

Hope everybody's got all that ?

Forthcoming Fixtures page now updated to include all the rest of our 7-a-side League games and all Pre-Season Friendlies during August.