THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 18th July (7-a-Side)

Our next match this coming Monday (18th July) is against Locomotive Southgate. (8.30.p.m. Kick-Off).

Martin Loveday will be Manager again for this one and he will probably text at some point over the weekend those who he wants to play and then confirm the squad on here on Monday morning.
If you did not play last Monday and would like to play in this match (if needed) please leave a message here or phone/text Loveday on 07920 865376.

Locomotive Southgate wear green, so one side will have to wear bibs. As I will not be there on Monday (and I have the bibs), Loveday/Trev will have to get the Referee to 'order' Locomotive Southgate to wear bibs...for a change ! (They are down as the 'Away' team for this game and the Referees bring bibs with them anyway).

On Thursday there is no match but we will be having a Pre-Season Training session at the Southgate Hockey Centre instead. I will start a new thread about that on Monday morning once I have had the booking confirmed by the SHC, but we will need those who play in the match on Monday to come along on Thursday as well (if they can). Ideally we want 14 (or more) players attending training so that we can use the 7-a-side pitch for a practice match as part of the session.

Re: Squad for Monday 18th July (7-a-Side)

I can play if needed

Loveday,

As mentioned last week, am not available as in laws are here.

Cheers

Problem. Loveday is ill and won't be there tonight (or be able to chase up any more players).

At the moment, we have only got 4 players for tonight's match, which is Barney, Colin, Smithy & Scott.
All three goalkeepers ( Jacko, Tim & Dave Bagnall ) are unavailable, as is Terry Moore and Steve Cokell, while Lexton and Kizza are not replying to texts (as usual). Kizza is training with a Saturday club at the moment anyway, so I doubt whether he will be available. Lexton never lets us know until he gets out of work on the day of the match.

Virtually everybody else is either injured, on holiday, or will not be able to play because it is too short notice...as far as I know.

It looks as if our only hope of avoiding a 'non-fulfilment' tonight is if we can get four players from McKenzie Rangers to play (if it is not too short notice for them) and outfield players take it in turns to go in goal. I hope Trev is sorting that out ?
I will NOT be there tonight Im afraid. Trevor will be Manager.

It also doesn't help that there is something wrong with this Forum at the moment. It seems very slow to load...unless it's my computer.

I've got a Babysitter, I can play if needed.

jacko
I've got a Babysitter, I can play if needed.
You are definitely needed, as there's no way I am going to come along to go in goal...again.

We are trying to get hold of Nev from McKenzies, but like Trev, he works in the legal profession. He is probably in court and unable to answer e-mails and text messages until he gets out. For all we know he might be on holiday anyway. I don't think he was there for their 7-a-side match on Thursday.

None of the McKenzies players can play tonight. Too short notice for most of them by the look of it.

We have definitely only got 5 players. Unfortunately I haven't got time to phone/text everybody.

Suffering from a hamstring injury at the mo. hoping to make it for thursdays training sesh

Think I might have got Stu to play......

Just a warning that Trev might not be able to reply to texts, e-mails and messages on here until about 7.00.p.m. tonight as he is stuck in court.

If we end up with 10 or more because of that, so be it. Can't be helped.

I have been texting and chasing players but unfortunately many seem to be working late.

Lexton has said maybe but will let me know but i think we should assume he cannot play.

I will check with Jacko about Stu and i have asked Gavin Mardell.

Stu is in.

We have a good 6 confirmed of:

Jacko
Barnard
Smith
Jenkins
Bester
Dorward

We really need to find 1 more from somewhere.....

Volunteers?

Might be off waterlogged pitch (on an Astroturf !) if this rain continues ! Unreal.

Do we have a number we can call to check?

Loveday
Do we have a number we can call to check?
0208 440 7574 ...but they would phone me straight away if it was off. If that happens, I would text everybody who is supposed to be playing.

I can't see it being off as there are no 'dips' in the Astroturf over there where large pools of water are going to form...unlike 'Bullsmoor' (the Lea Valley High School) about 10 years ago when we had training called off about 5 weeks in a row because of a flooded Astroturf !

ok cool, i did try and ring that number but got no response.

GAME IS ON!

Just spoke to John Scouller. He is working but he will try to come when he finishes although he might not be there until the 2nd half.

Just want to congratulate the 6 players who played tonight and got an outstanding 4-2 win.

Just a shame that we couldn't even field a bare 7, 2 weeks running!

I second that motion. To all that have played in both games!! Even old boy Stu came out of retirement!!

I finger that statement, sorry I mean third that Statement.....

Completely agree, great attitude and workrate shown by all. A well deserved win!

Well done everybody.

Have just read Trev's report and it looks like there must have been an accident on the A10 which obviously would have stopped Smithy, Lexton and John from getting there, so again it doesn't look to be a case of people dropping out at the last minute just because they can't be bothered.

I think the biggest problem with only having 6 players two weeks running is that we have lost money on this ? Is that right, Trev ?

very enjoyable game chaps. well played all

shame i cant feel my legs