THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 14th July (7-a-Side)

This coming Thursday night's match is an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off against Enfield Bears, who like us are already 'doomed' to the Plate League (for the bottom six teams) ahead of this last match of the Qualifying Stages.

The squad of 8 will be (subject to availability):
A.Keeper !
Alan Barnard
Yianni Kyriacou
(If he is not working again)
Ben Keating
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Lee King
John Scouller

Simon Jackson played last night and is therefore not available this Thursday due to family commitments, while (as far as I know) Tim Beeden still has a hamstring injury and Dave Bagnall is working away from the London area this week...which was why Jacko had to play last night.
We therefore have no 'keeper, so either we play with a squad of 7 and outfield players take it in turns to go in goal or we call up Lee King's mate (the 17-year-old left-back he was telling me about) if he can get a lift there, and we then have a squad of 8 outfield players doing likewise.
I will not be there to go in goal this week as I am working. Trevor will be there as Manager, but obviously he is not going to go in goal with his glasses on !
Danny Hagan is on holiday, but he is the only regular Thursday night outfield player missing...at the moment.

I will text everybody today to check their availability (apart from Barney as he is the only one who posts on here), but if I get no replies or people cannot play, then Trev will have to chase players up thereafter.

Re: Squad for Thursday 14th July (7-a-Side)

Seeing as i stole Jacko for the night, i will volunteer to go in goal for this game.

Cheers Loveday!

I'm good to play as well.

Yan is not available again, but Lee's mate is playing instead...at the moment. I don't know his name yet.

Everybody else is o.k., so it's Loveday in goal, then Barney, Cascoe, Daley, Ben, John, Lee & Lee's mate.

Just found out that Ben is on holiday ! He will be coming training next Thursday though and will hopefully be bringing a couple of mates along (good players) who are interested in joining.

Lee's mate's name is Jorge Townsend and he is definitely playing tonight. He is a left-winger, not a left-back.

With Ben dropping out, I have texted both Kizza and Lexton to see if they are available so that we have a squad of at least 8 (bearing in mind John Scouller is playing and will be puffing and blowing if we only have 7 !? ).
I am hoping that only one of them will be available and the other one won't be...so that we have a squad of 8 instead of 7 or 9. Neither of them are likely to reply until after they finish work (at 5.00.p.m. ?)

I can't do any more sorting out now as I have a lot of work to get on with.
Don't forget that I am not there tonight, so please phone/text Trevor on 07894 961484 if you have to drop out or are running late.

I can go in goal and Loveday can play out if that helps out?

Jacko
I can go in goal and Loveday can play out if that helps out?
Up to Trev/Loveday.
One of them would then need to text both Kizza & Lexton to tell them they are not needed now. Neither of them have texted me back yet to say if they are playing tonight or not.

Kizza cannot play tonight

Looks like i will be in a conference call for some time. Best to find another player for me.

I have text trev asking him to get someone else in.

ill turn up with me kit then

Sorry for my massive howler tonight boys..,.,,,