THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 11th July (7-a-Side)

Our next 7-a-side match this coming Monday night is an 8.30.p.m. Kick-Off against Surrender...who beat us 7-3 last time we played them. (They are one of the better sides in the Monday Night League).

Martin Loveday will be back as Manager for this match (thank goodness ! ), and he will hopefully name a squad on here at some stage tomorrow (Friday).

My squad (of 8 ) for next Thursday (an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off) will hopefully be:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Yianni Kyriacou
Ben Keating
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Lee King
John Scouller

Danny Hagan is on holiday next week and Tim Beeden (GK) has a hamstring injury.
If any other players are unavailable for either night, please let us know on here or by text/e-mail asap.

Re: Squad for Monday 11th July (7-a-Side)

so far for tonight 8.30 kick off i have as follows:

Terry Moore - Confirmed
Tony King - Confirmed
Scott Jenkins - Confirmed
Lexton - Confirmed
Jacko - Confirmed
Danny Smith - Confirmed
Loveday - If required
Tem - Unavailable - Injured
Terry Brown - Unavailable
Kizza - 50/50
Colin Bester / Dave Bagnall / Steve Cokell - Unavailable.

I'll play tonight

I will be there initially to give Loveday & Trev the kit, ball, medical kit & subs tin but I won't be able to stay and play if we only have 6 there at 8.30.
Too much work to catch up on I'm afraid.

Won't be there this Thursday or next Monday either.

I have some other non rovers players available if needed unless anyone contacts me wanting a game.

Loveday
I have some other non rovers players available if needed unless anyone contacts me wanting a game.
I had a phone call from the McKenzie Rangers Player-Secretary (Nev) over the weekend and he says 4 or 5 of them are interested in joining in addition to Daley & Cascoe with two of them defenders who can play regularly. Unfortunately Leon does not appear to be one of them, but at least 4 of them are very good players.

I have asked them to attend Pre-Season Training on Thursday 21st July when they will ask for their 7-a-side match to kick-off at 8.00.p.m. (same as us) so they can join in our session beforehand.
However some of them may be able to play tonight.
Trev knows Nev very well and has his number, so perhaps he can make a call ?
McKenzies are not running a team in the Monday Night League, they have only entered on Thursdays, so are free to play for us on Mondays.

By the way, Jacko was trying to have a ruck with one of them when we played them a few Thursdays ago, so they'll have to shake hands and sort that one out first ! I'm sure they will.

Terry Moore - Confirmed
Tony King - Confirmed
Lexton - Confirmed
Jacko - Confirmed
Danny Smith - Confirmed
Paul Amico - Confirmed
Dan Green - 50/50 To Confirm
Kizza - 50/50 To Confirm

Terry Moore - Confirmed
Tony King - Confirmed
Lexton - Confirmed
Jacko - Confirmed
Danny Smith - Confirmed
Martin Loveday - Confirmed
Kizza - 50/50 To Confirm

******* brilliant performance last night, well ******* done !!!!

Yeah completely agree fella 6 players for the whole game was a terrific performance and a great effort.

Who pulled out?

Barney
Who pulled out?
When I turned up to give them the kit, etc. just before the kick-off, Trev said something about Smithy's kid being ill, Kizza getting stuck in a hold-up in the Blackwall Tunnel and Nev from McKenzies having to take his daughter somewhere. All three of them were due to be playing in a squad of 9 but had to drop out literally 'at the last minute'.
Lexton wasn't there when I left a minute before the kick-off, so they must have started with five ?

It was just one of those things really. All last-minute problems that we could do nothing about.
Amazing result considering our opponents had a record as good as the team who beat us 9-1 the week before !

Good job I had just eaten a big heavy dinner, didn't have my kit with me and had to go back home to work, as if I had attempted to play to make a squad of 7, I defintely would have been more of a hindrance than a help !

Loveday texted me that Smithy had dropped out shortly before 8.00 and I phoned Nev who was keen to play but had to wait for his wife to come home to look after the children. She was due home by 8.15 but was not home on time. Nev did say that if he knew he was needed earlier he would have arranged a babysitter.

Kizza is probably still in the Blackwall Tunnel!

Lexton arrived at kick off time which the ref delayed until he got changed so we did start with 6.

As said above it was an excellent performance by all 6 players.