THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 7th July (7-a-Side)

The squad for this coming Thursday night's match against Enfield Monarch (7.00.p.m. Kick-Off) is as follows:
Dave Bagnall (GK) ...if available
Alan Barnard
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Ben Keating
Lee King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Tem Adil
...if not still ill.

I have named a squad of 9 at the moment, even though I prefer to have 8.
This is because I want Ben to play but somebody is probably going to have to volunteer to drive up to Waltham Cross/Cheshunt to pick him up, something which is going to be difficult in the rush hour for those of us who live in Edmonton/Palmers Green, although I will do it if I have to.
The same applies to Lee King. He will need a lift from Turkey Street, and if Tem is still ill and drops out, then somebody from Edmonton/Palmers Green will have to do that as well.

Unfortunately it is probably all going to have to be sorted out on the day and it could end up with us fielding just a bare seven or less with me having to play.

The other problem is in goal where we just have to hope that Dave Bagnall is available, as Tim & Jacko are not.

Re: Squad for Thursday 7th July (7-a-Side)

I'm available - see you then.

Dave Bagnall is working, so we definitely have no goalkeeper.

Ben has also dropped out because nobody is playing who can give him a lift from Cheshunt. I can't (from Edmonton) because I have got all the kit and will most likely get stuck in traffic going northbound to Cheshunt in the rush hour. It takes me 30 minutes at that time of day just to turn right out of Bury Street onto the A10 !!! Too risky. (If it wasn't a 7.00.p.m. kick-off then maybe I could attempt it).

Tem is playing and he says he will phone Lee and pick him up.
Barney & Hagan are also both definitely playing.

Cascoe & Daley said to me last week that they might struggle to get there from work for a 7.00.p.m. Kick-Off but they didn't say they would not be playing.
Kizza said to me before Monday Night's match that he wanted to play tonight as well, so I told him I would put him in the squad. I don't think he knows that he is though, as he never looks at this Forum and he disappeared straight home after Monday night's match (without paying his subs) before I could confirm with him. I haven't heard from him since.

That's the situation, so at the moment it is quite likely that at 7.00.p.m. we will only have 5 players there (i.e. Me in goal, Barney, Hagan, Tem & Lee), then Cascoe & Daley turning up after the kick-off...if at all.
I will text Daley, Cascoe & Kizza and chase them up, but with me in goal we have no chance of winning the game and we will just have to make sure we turn up so that the club does not waste £72...which is how much we have to pay for a non-fulfilment.

Shame really, as I had worked out that a win for us tonight and in our last qualifying game next week would see us finish in 6th place and qualify for the Cup League instead of the inferior Plate League if McKenzies lose or draw to Locomotive Southgate tonight and then both those teams lose next week...which is quite likely.

Lee, Cascoe & Daley are all o.k., but Kizza is not answering his phone...yet. He probably won't do so until less than an hour before the match if past experiences are anything to go by, so we are still stuck in the same predicament where we won't know until we turn up whether we will have 7 'proper' players there (i.e. not including me) to start the match or not.
If we get another outfield player now in case Kizza doesn't turn up now, Kizza then turns up without telling us, and nobody volunteers to go in goal, then we will have a squad of 9 and that will be a nightmare as people will moan like hell about 'going sub' and standing there in the pouring rain. If I am in goal, I am not going to be able to make decisions on substitutions.

We badly need a goalkeeper as our 8th player !

Kizza is not playing tonight. I can't say why on here, but it is quite amusing.

Lee is trying to get a mate of his to play instead (who is interested in joining us).
If he can't play, then we will have a bare seven including me in goal.

If we could just find a goalkeeper from somewhere, then I could go sub and everybody would then get a full game on pitch if they can last, and an occasional breather if they can't (if Lee's mate doesn't play).