THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 4th July (7-a-Side)

Our next match this coming Monday night is a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off against K & M Old Boys, who are the best team in the Monday night League and who beat us 8-3 only a couple of weeks ago.

Ideally we would like to be fielding a strong side for this one, but the Thursday night match next week is a 7.00.p.m. kick-off which means a lot of players will not be able to make that game and will need to play on Monday instead.
Players who will definitely be in the squad for Monday at the moment will be as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Tony King
Colin Bester
Jim Arrowsmith
...If available so he can sign the Multi-Reg Form
Martin Worthington ...If he has recovered from injury, and so that he can sign the Multi-Reg Form.

That's 6, then I need another two, ideally from players who definitely cannot make a 7.00.p.m. kick-off on Thursday (or who cannot play on Thursday because players who give them a lift are not playing).
John Scouller and Lexton Harrison are definitely not playing next Thursday because of work, so it looks like that will rule out Ben Keating and Lee King from playing on Thursday as well...unless Danny Smith plays on Thursday and can give them a lift ?
A hopeful team for Thursday night (against Enfield Monarch) would then be:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Alan Barnard
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Danny Smith
Ben Keating
Lee King

If the likes of Terry Brown, Steve Cokell, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo and Martin Loveday are about and want to play either on Monday or Thursday next week, please let me know asap.
Tem Adil will also probably be fitted in somewhere, more likely if Jim and/or Martin Worthington cannot play on Monday night.

Sorry it's all a bit complicated again.

Re: Squad for Monday 4th July (7-a-Side)

My apologies for lack of contact i have been busy with work. Yet again i will not be able to make Monday night this week but should be ok for the week after.

I do not really want to be playing as i have found the suface difficult to play on with my injury and i am playing on 3g at lunch twice a week.

I can't play Thursday

Loveday
should be ok for the week after.
That's good as I need to start missing a few matches for a couple of weeks so that I can catch up on work myself.
Trev will be about then as well, but I don't mind being Manager next week for both Monday & Thursday while he is away.

Smithy
I can't play Thursday
O.K. No problem. You can play on Monday then.
Ben & Lee will have to make their own way there on Thursday...like I said in my Chairman's Blog !

Here's the latest situation at 9.30.a.m. this morning...

The following players have confirmed (or 'sort-of' confirmed) their availability for tonight's match:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Danny Smith
Danny Hagan
Colin Bester
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Tony King
...although he might have to work late at the last minute.

I texted Jim Arrowsmith yesterday but I have still not had a reply. This is his last chance to play and sign the League Multi-Registration Form.
Also, Jacko said he would see Martin Worthington this morning and ask him to come along tonight to sign up. Obviously if Martin is fit to play tonight, then I would like him to do so, although I don't particularly want a squad of 9 as I am Manager again with Trev away in Las Vegas.
Another possibility is Terry Brown (who I have not tried contacting yet), but Smithy isn't sure at the moment whether he will be able to give him a lift from Cheshunt if he does play anyway.
Basically then, I urgently need to know whether Jim and/or Martin are playing, otherwise we could end up with just six players if Tony drops out at the last minute. I will not be able to play as I have a trapped nerve in my leg and can hardly walk.
I have not included Lexton in either squad this week at the moment because his family situation (sister in hospital) sounded pretty serious. Let's hope she is o.k.

For Thursday night I have texted Tem Adil to play, but I have not had a reply. If he doesn't play on Thursday (and pick up Lee King and possibly Ben Keating), then we could well fail to field a side and have to concede the match...all because too many of our players don't drive !

I'll be there and so should MW, to sign up but he is not fit enough to play.

Lol just to let you know I wont be able to play this Thursday as I pulled my hamstring playing cricket last Saturday.

Tim
Lol just to let you know I wont be able to play this Thursday as I pulled my hamstring playing cricket last Saturday.
O.K. I think Dave Bagnall is available if Jacko can't play.
I'll sort out tonight.

Tem says he can't play tonight because of illness but should be o.k. for Thursday.

I still haven't heard anything from Jim, so I am going to have to rule him out. I can't wait all day as I need to get on with some work. He will now have to provide a photo if he wants to sign up for us next season.

If Terry Brown (who I will text in a minute) can't play (or Smithy can't give him a lift), we will only have a bare seven including Tony King.

Terry Brown is o.k. to play and Smithy is picking him up.
Just hope Tony King can get out of work in time now, otherwise Colin will have to play a full match after two weeks in Mexico !?

Terry Brown has just texted to say that he is 'stuck in Hospital' and might not be able to make it.

I have a nasty feeling this is going to end up with us fielding just a bare seven including me. I can't call anybody else up to replace Terry & Tony because if they both can play and we have 9, then Smithy won't play (so both him & Terry would then drop out anyway).
If we do end up with 9, somebody else can be Manager. I am not sorting that one out.

Panic over. Terry says he is now defiantly (sic ) playing.