THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 30th June (7-a-Side)

The squad for our next match this coming Thursday night against 'ERFC' (9.00.p.m. Kick-Off) is as follows (subject to availability):
Simon Jackson (GK) or Tim Beeden (GK)
Danny Hagan
Yianni Kyriacou
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Lexton Harrison
Lee King
Ben Keating

If Yan is working again, Lee says he knows a defender who is interested in joining, so if he is available we will give him a game.
Failing that, the first player to come on here offering to play who did not play on Monday night this week can replace Yan (or anybody else not available) in the squad.

This is the first of three matches that Trevor will be missing (due to yet another holiday), so it looks like I will have to be Manager for this one !
We will therefore definitely not be using any more than 8 players, as I don't want to have to mess about making mass substitutions.

Re: Squad for Thursday 30th June (7-a-Side)

Yan is indeed working again tonight, but as I don't like doing substitutions every 5 minutes (unlike Trev), I think we will go with just the bare seven and let them all play a full game rather than trying to get Lee's mate along when he probably doesn't drive.
Everybody should all be fit enough for a full 50 minutes and it is not going to be blazing hot at 9.00.p.m.
I will be there to come on as a sub for 5 minutes just in case anybody is really struggling, although if John Scouller or Jerome Harrison are coming along to watch, maybe they wouldn't mind doing that instead of me ? (John played on Monday night anyway).

We will have to play Lexton & Hagan in defence, Lee, Cascoe & Ben in midfield and Daley up front.
As usual, Lexton has not replied to the text I sent everybody last night checking player availability. Presumably he has run out of credit on his phone again ? I am hoping that he has got the message, is definitely available, and will arrange to pick up Ben & Lee again (like he did last week) if John isn't coming.

Tim Beeden will be in goal. Jacko told me he was unavailable initially, but then texted back late last night (after I had confirmed with Tim) to say that he could now play if needed but didn't mind if Tim played instead.
I have decided to keep Tim in as on 'ERFC's current form, there is a possibility of our goalkeeper being a bit of a spectator tonight, and as Jacko has already done that once this week (on Monday when we won 7-0) it will be a bit of a waste of £6.00 for him if he plays again tonight.
If ERFC turn up with a good side, then fine, as Tim can get some practice anyway.