THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 27th June (7-a-Side)

Our next Monday night match sees us playing bottom of the table team Trent Park Rovers. (7.30.p.m. Kick-Off)
Once again I have not heard anything from Loveday, so I have picked a squad as follows:
Dave Bagnall (GK)...assuming he is back from holiday ?
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Danny Smith
Terry Brown
Jim Arrowsmith
John Scouller

...then the 8th player will hopefully be Tony King if he is available, as he has not signed the League Multi-Reg Form yet. If Tony is not available, then the 8th player will be one of the following...and I will need some feedback on this from Trev, Barney, Terry Moore or whoever:
Courtney Brown...for those who were not there last Monday, Courtney is a 17-year-old forward who plays for Jim Arrowsmith's Saturday Church team and he was excellent for us last week, scoring two goals on his debut. We would love him to sign up for us (and Lexton was trying his best to persuade him !), but he says he goes to Church on Sundays (at the moment) and is also a student, so he cannot afford to pay £6 a match every week for 7-a-side and/or £7 a match for 11-a-side on top of playing on Saturdays. Somebody on Monday said they would give him a lift to 7-a-side for this match, but I can't remember who that was. If it was Lexton or Tim, I have left them out of the squad though, as I have too many others available. (Lexton will be playing on Thursday).
Tem Adil...Says he is available, but then keeps dropping out whenever I name him in a squad !
Kizza...Same as Tem.
Steve Cokell...I named him in the squad last week because I thought he wanted to play regularly on Mondays, but he just texted back 'sorry, unavailable', so I don't know what's going on there.
Gary Odell...Dave Bagnall told me that Gary wants to re-join, but nobody has given him a chance to play yet.

So...we have several options there.
Firstly though, I need the seven players named as definites to confirm, but some of them don't get back from holiday until Sunday night (as far as I know), so I'm afraid that this is probably all going to have to be sorted out during the day on Monday ?!

As for Thursday next week (a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off against Emerald Rovers ('ERFC')), the squad for that will be as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Danny Hagan
Daniel Cascoe
Lexton Harrison
Ben Keating
Lee King
Daniel Daley

Those players (apart from Jacko) all played in our 5-0 win tonight, so I want to keep them together for this match. The other player who played was Scott Jenkins, but he is not going to be playing for us on Sundays next season, so I will have to leave him out for this match if Yianni Kyriacou is available. (I don't know if that is the case at the moment). If Yan is working again, then Scott can play, as everybody else will be getting a game on Monday. Also, Scott can play in defence. (Barney and Terry Moore are both unavailable for this match).

Re: Squad for Monday 27th June (7-a-Side)

I'm fine for Monday - see you then.

I already told ya I couldn't do last week and that I was OK for this coming monday.

Available if needed.

Tem
I already told ya I couldn't do last week and that I was OK for this coming monday.

Unfortunately I don't keep the texts, so it's my word against yours then !
That's why I would much rather players post on here, then I can keep track of things a lot more easily.

See you there...

I'm gutted wont be able to make it as have to work a little late.

Terry Brown
I'm gutted wont be able to make it as have to work a little late.
No problem. There's nobody playing who would have been able to give you a lift anyway.

At the moment we only have 5 players for tonight.
That's Terry Moore, Barney, Smithy, Tem & Tony King.
I texted everybody yesterday afternoon and told them that if they did not reply by 10.00.a.m. this morning, then we will get others to play instead.
Dave Bagnall has not replied yet and neither has John Scouller, so I presume they must both still be on holiday...or it is too hot for them ?
We therefore have no goalkeeper...again.

Lee King texted me wanting to play, so Tem would have to give him a lift as it doesn't look like John is playing. Lee can replace Terry Brown.

Jim Arrowsmith is also unavailable due to a 'work do'.

Looks like I am going to be spending all day trying to scrape a team up as usual !

Available if needed?

Scotty J
Available if needed?
Yes please, as it looks like I have too many for Thursday.

The squad is therefore now:
A.Keeper...probably me unless Tim or Jacko volunteer ?
Terry Moore
Alan Barnard
Danny Smith
Tony King
Lee King
Tem Adil
Scott Jenkins

I haven't got time to phone and text numerous players who want to play regularly for us on Sundays but can't be bothered to get in touch of their own accord for 7-a-side.
It's easier for me when people post on the Forum, so I am putting them in first whoever they are.

Jacko
See you there...

I'm confused, sounds like jack is in?

Can't play tonight but I'm ok for Thursday if Jacko can play tonight and doesn't want to do Thursday.

Scotty J
Jacko
See you there...

I'm confused, sounds like jack is in?

Nevermind just seen my error.

I can help out tonight if required, but need to know by 2pm.

Ta

Jacko
I can help out tonight if required, but need to know by 2pm.

Ta
Sounds like a good idea to swap Jacko and Tim then, rather than have me playing in goal !

So...confirmed. Jacko in tonight. Tim in on Thursday if Jacko doesn't want to play both nights.