THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 23rd June (7-a-Side)

The squad (of 8) for our 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off this coming Thursday against bottom team North London Rovers is now as follows (subject to availability):
Simon Jackson (GK)
Lexton Harrison
Daniel Cascoe
Daniel Daley
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Tem Adil
Ben Keating
Lee King

Lexton says he can give Lee and Ben a lift from wherever John Scouller normally picks them up from (Bullsmoor Lane or Turkey Street ?).
John is on holiday this week, while Yianni Kyriacou is now working, Danny Hagan is out injured and Terry Brown is going to see Kings Of Leon.

I have put Kizza and Tem in the squad as they were not available for the Monday game this week, although I have no idea if they are available for this one. If they are not, and/or others listed in the squad above cannot play either, there is a slight possibility of one or more of Danny Smith, Alan Barnard or Terry Moore playing, but as they all played on Monday this week, they have to get 'permission' first.

If anybody else is about who can play this Thursday if needed, especially players who have not signed the Waltham Sunday League Multi-Registration Form yet, please let me know.
I also need photos from Cascoe, Daley & Ben if they are signing up. Please bring them along to this match if you can.

Re: Squad for Thursday 23rd June (7-a-Side)

Jacko is now unavailable for this match, so we need a goalkeeper from somewhere.
Unfortunately I think that is probably going to have to be me unless anybody else can help out.

I will text everybody else in the squad later today unless they can post their availability on here in the meantime ?

Here's the situation at the moment. (Complicated as usual ! )

I texted Dave Bagnall yesterday morning to see if he can play in goal but it didn't get through, so it looks like he is abroad somewhere on holiday.
According to Hagan, Olie is no longer interested, so I haven't bothered trying him, while I'm pretty sure that Tim said on Monday that he couldn't play on Thursday as well ?
It is therefore almost certainly me in goal then, as there is nobody else !

I also texted Tem and Kizza yesterday morning and neither of them have replied yet ! I expect they will both wait until the day of the match to confirm for some reason, but this is causing a real problem.
At the moment it looks like we are going to have a squad of just seven including Danny Smith, who thinks he 'might' be able to get out of family commitments to play (and therefore give Ben a lift from Waltham Cross KFC). He probably won't be able to confirm that until the day of the match though.
If Smithy can play, then Lexton will not have to drive to Waltham Cross to pick up Ben and can just pick up Lee in Turkey Street (which is on the way there for Lex, meaning they shouldn't be late).
If Smithy can't play, then Lex, Lee & Ben will all probably be late for the kick-off as Lex doesn't get home from work until 7.30...and if that means only myself, Daley, Cascoe & Trev are there (because Tem & Kizza don't get in touch and it is then too late to call up others), then we would have to concede the match...against the bottom team !

So basically, we badly need Tem & Kizza to get in touch today and let us know if they are playing or not, but if they are not answering their phones, what can I do.

Tem has texted to say he is not available tomorrow.

Is there anybody out there who wants to take his place ? I am too busy now to phone or text about 50 possibles.

I'll play.

In addition to Scott, both Terry Moore and Danny Hagan have told me they can now play, so I am now going to put all three of them in the squad. That's because Smithy is 'on call' for work and might have to drop out at the last minute, so it's best to leave him out. That means Lexton will have to drive to Waltham Cross to pick up Ben, but he might not be prepared (or have time) to do that.

I have asked Hagan to try and persuade Olie to play in goal. I am still awaiting a reply on that one.

So...the best case scenario for tonight is that we will have a squad of 9 as follows:
Olie Tedder (GK)
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Scott Jenkins
Daniel Cascoe
Ben Keating
Lee King
Lexton Harrison
Daniel Daley

The worst case scenario is a squad of 7 with no Ben and no keeper and each player taking it in turns to put a bib on and go in goal for 5-10 minutes.
That would be more sensible than me going in goal and an outfield player taking a breather on the touchline.
That is what a lot of teams do in the 7-a-side League, including K & M Old Boys who we played on Monday.

Olie won't play (apparently), so definitely no keeper.

Liz from the SHC has just e-mailed the following to all clubs in the 7-a-side League...
'Dear Thursday leaguers
I hope you are all enjoying the summer football league.
I have received a few complaints about the conduct of some teams and some players. In particular, the constant questioning of decisions, both during and after the game.
The refs will start to issue more blue cards for this type of conduct, so if you want to stay on the pitch, stay quiet, stop arguing, accept decisions and get on with the game. Anyone harassing refs after games will be dealt very seriously with red cards being issued.
There is nothing too serious at the moment but it is becoming increasingly annoying to both the refs and opposing teams and spoiling everyone’s enjoyment of the game.
Please pass this information onto your teams.
Many thanks and enjoy your football
Liz Moss
League Co-ordinator
Southgate Hockey Centre'

Well...I did warn our players a few weeks ago that it was coming !