THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Monday 13th June (7-a-Side)

This coming Monday's match is a 7.30.p.m. Kick-Off against 1664.

We had quite a discussion amongst the players at last night's match as regards who should be picked for the squads. That was because we ended up with a squad of 10 last night as we have too many people wanting to play, including quite a few who want to play on both Mondays & Thursdays. (We lost 4-3 last night because of too much chopping and changing).

Myself or Trevor may bring this up at the AGM tonight, but we feel that we must now start giving priority to players who sign the League Multi-Registration Form for next season with a view to playing regularly, rather than picking players who are only signing up for 11-a-side to help us out when we are short and are using it to get fit during the Summer for playing on Saturdays during the winter.
We also have a couple of players who are refusing to sign the Multi-Registration Form until they are convinced that we are going to be good enough to challenge for trophies next season. In myself & Trevor's opinion, we are going to have to ask those players to commit themselves by a given date (to be discussed tonight ?), otherwise we will have to stop picking them for 7-a-side completely as it is unfair on others who are not currently getting a game.

At the moment, we need a goalkeeper for this coming Monday night, as according to my list, Dave Bagnall is on holiday.
Terry Moore, Colin Bester, Kizza and Lexton will all definitely be in the squad for this coming Monday night's match.
The other 4 places will be sorted out tonight and announced on here tomorrow.
(Martin Loveday is working in Yorkshire again next week and will not be around, so myself & Trevor are picking the squad for this match).

Re: Squad for Monday 13th June (7-a-Side)

I can play on Monday this week, but will not be able to do Thursday I fly to NYC on Tuesday and not back until the weekend.

Laurence
also have a couple of players who are refusing to sign the Multi-Registration Form until they are convinced that we are going to be good enough to challenge for trophies next season.

!!!! Shocking behaviour !!!!! Name names!

Who do they think they are? Fabregas and Nasri!?!?

I don't think it's anything sinister, Rob.
One of them is Colin's mate Shaun, but that's because he has got a lot of clubs wanting to sign him up, so he probably wants to see which is most suitable for him. Nothing wrong with that. It's up to us to make him feel welcome.
That's probably going to be the case with a lot of potential new players who we ask to come along to play 7-a-side. I doubt whether many of them will sign the form straight away.
It's just a question of how many matches do we give players before they make their mind up ?
...so tonight we could say to Colin that we'll give Shaun one more game this Monday, then he's got to make his mind up after that so that we can give other players a chance to play.

The other one who is refusing to sign the form just yet may well do so after tonight depending on how many beers he gets bought !?

Danny Green and Scott are just two of numerous players who want to play 7-a-side but can't commit to playing regularly for us on Sundays at the moment (even though they are signing up), but that doesn't mean we are going to stop them playing completely.
We just want to avoid having squads of 9 or 10, as that is why we are losing every match at the moment in my opinion (and Trev's).
If we carry on losing at 7-a-side, new players won't want to join us anyway.

Fair enough if it is new players hedging their bets. I assumed you were talking about existing squad players (as you haven't named the other one yet that could still be true however... )

If it was existing players I was going to say that it's a collective fault that we haven't won any trophies recently and anybody looking to jump ship for that reason would be right up his own arse... in my humble opinion.

Fabregas and Nasri you c*nts! Take note!!!

Rob
If it was existing players I was going to say that it's a collective fault that we haven't won any trophies recently and anybody looking to jump ship for that reason would be right up his own arse... in my humble opinion.
I know the player in question will probably be reading this, but what I would say to him...and others who are probably thinking along the same lines...is that over the past 7 years since we started losing most of our games every season, we have had several good players leave the club exactly for that reason.
They have then gone to other clubs elsewhere who have sometimes won a trophy and certainly done better on the pitch than us, but invariably those clubs have then either folded up, been badly run in terms of administration and certainly haven't had things like a club website, every match filmed, a Forum and the general organistaion we have got.
A lot of those players then realise what they are missing and ask to come back to us, as surely it's better to play for a well-organised club than one who might fold or get thrown out of the League ?

Personally I think the player in question will sign up tonight, or at least before I have to return the Multi-Registration Form in 4 weeks time.
I'm surprised you don't know who it is, Rob !

It's me rob we r signing nearly every player up over
7 aside then when Sundays come we have
The same committed players Turning up 11 or 12
Of us. With my kids playing footy now
I dnt want to commit unless we sign some
Quality which we have done wiv ben and Daley
And. May be Leon. Also rob ur suppose to be my
Agent

Right...the squad (of 9) for this Monday (7.30.p.m. Kick-Off don't forget) is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Colin Bester
Lexton Harrison
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Shaun Chesterman
Tem Adil

Myself & Trevor have picked the above squad as Loveday is working up in Yorkshire.
Jacko is playing because he is working abroad on Thursday and Dave Bagnall is on holiday (according to my list).
We are giving Shaun one more game to decide if he wants to sign up for us or not. If he doesn't, then he will only be picked for 7-a-side again if we are short.
We have left Scott and Danny Green out for this game to give Tem a chance as he has not signed the League Multi-Registration Form yet.
For the next three weeks, anybody who has not signed that form yet and wants to play 11-a-side for us next season MUST be given a chance to play 7-a-side, as I am not going to have time to drive round to players' houses to get them signed up before the deadline.

For this Thursday's match (which is a 7.00.p.m. Kick-Off), the squad (at the moment) is:
Tim Beeden (GK)
Alan Barnard
Yianni Kyriacou
Ben Keating
Terry Brown
John Scouller
Lee King
Daniel Daley
Daniel Cascoe

None of the above players will be playing on Monday.

I will start a new thread for the Thursday night game on Tuesday morning.

Laurence

We have left Scott and Danny Green out for this game to give Tem a chance as he has not signed the League Multi-Registration Form yet.

Well to be honest, if it's just for the one week only to be left out again for the remaining games, then you can stick the form.

Tem,

Laurence has not said that you will be left out after you have signed.

In fact, it is the opposite. We will be leaving out players who do not sign the form or will not commit to playing Sundays next season.

We are trying to give everyone a chance to make their mind up. We have 18 different players on Monday and Thursday this week. Once everyone has had a chance to sign we will be picking the squads from those who have signed up.

Can only play tonight not thursday, let me know if you want me to play tonight, cheers

Terry Brown
Can only play tonight not thursday, let me know if you want me to play tonight, cheers
No problem.
I'll put Lexton in on Thursday instead of tonight. He won't know he is in the squad for tonight anyway as he left the AGM early before I could ask him, and he never looks at this Forum.

Can you get a lift off Smithy for tonight's match ?

Smithy has told me he can't pick Terry Brown up as he is coming straight from work.
There's no way I can drive all the way up to Cheshunt from where I live, so unless anybody has an answer, we might only have 7 players tonight...assuminmg Tem is not keen ? (I have texted him this morning but haven't had a reply yet).

Lawrence, just checked with work and i can also play Thursday 100% , if no one can pick me up tonight then it's my own fault for not driving at 29 year's of age ( what a mug chops i am ) , let me know

I'll sign up next time i see you.

Cheers

No son, you are a kant.....

"Don't concenrate on the finger, or you'll miss all that heavenly glory......"

Here's the situation at the moment. Very complicated and I think I am going to be on the phone and on here all day sorting this one out...but then that's my fault for filming an all-day Tournament yesterday.

Hagan, Terry Moore, Colin, Smithy and Jacko are all definitely playing tonight, although Jacko's confirmation of that was at the AGM when he was 'pissed'. He hasn't replied to my text yet this morning.

Colin has just told me that Shaun Chesterman isn't playing (working), while I still haven't heard anything from Kizza or Tem.

John Scouller has offered to play tonight in addition to (or instead of ?) Thursday so that he can pick up Terry Brown in Cheshunt.
I will therefore tell John he is definitely playing and to contact Terry so that we definitely have 7.

If Kizza and/or Tem get in touch and are willing to play, then that's a bonus.

Cheers John

Lol, scrap my sign up application, I am signing for the White hart instead.
I can't commit every week but that seems to be causing a bit of grief so best left.
Good luck with next season boys, see u in the cup ;)

Jacko & Tem have both now confirmed.
Still nothing from Kizza, but we have 8 now anyway.

Dan Green
Lol, scrap my sign up application, I am signing for the White hart instead.
I can't commit every week but that seems to be causing a bit of grief so best left.
Good luck with next season boys, see u in the cup ;)
Definitely no grief towards you as a person by anyone Dan. I know that for sure.
Same with anybody else in your predicament who is hoping that when they are available they will 'definitely' get a game. It's perfectly understandable as it must be pretty frustrating not being picked (or having to go sub) when you are not working or tied up with family commitments.

O.K., Trev was putting Conor & Stuart straight in our starting line-ups when they were available, but (as I was going to mention at the AGM but was drowned out), those two would be in our all-time eleven best players...without question.
Now they have retired, the general consensus of opinion is that no other players are worthy of that privelege and that squads should be picked from who goes training, who plays every week and who pays their subs.
That's all it is, and personally I think it's about time we started doing that because we have enough players who are that committed. If we finish bottom of Division One because of it, then so be it. However, I very much doubt that will happen.