THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 9th June (7-a-Side)

This Thursday's match is against McKenzie Rangers and it is a 9.00.p.m. Kick-Off...so at least people won't be late this week !?

We have named a squad of 9 as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Lee King
Ben Keating
John Scouller
Daniel Daley
Daniel Cascoe

I am aware that some players are complaining about not getting a game. Unfortunately myself and Loveday (who is picking the Monday night squads) are really being p!ssed about by players dropping out on the day of the match saying they are 'injured' or just not giving any reason at all in a lot of cases. We have got no alternative but to pick players instead who are more reliable, even if it means them playing twice a week (e.g. Danny Hagan & Danny Smith).
Also, having so many players that don't drive is a massive problem, as most of them are the ones who are reliable and have been playing well, but it means we have to pick other players to play on the same night just because they are the only ones who can give them a lift !
Having said that, in my opinion both our Monday & Thursday Night teams have been a bit unlucky to lose virtually every match we have played so far. We have both had to play all the top sides first, invariably with a lot of players who do not know each other (as was the case last night) and apart from one Monday Night match, all the games have been much closer than the final scorelines suggested.
It would be unfair to start leaving players out of squads just because we have not been winning when they have been playing regularly (and go out of their way to give their team-mates a lift).

Re: Squad for Thursday 9th June (7-a-Side)

I'm OK to play.

I will be there, lol can you sort out with this forum so I can post off my mobile? otherwise its a nightmare as I rarely use a laptop or computer

Danny Hagan
lol can you sort out with this forum so I can post off my mobile? otherwise its a nightmare as I rarely use a laptop or computer
I have disabled 'Image Verification For Posting' (that 'Captcha' thing). It means we will end up with a load of spammers posting on the Forum, but apparently people should now be able to post from BlackBerrys and i-phones.

Let me know.

Its worked

Danny Hagan
Its worked
Maybe that's why roughly half our players rarely post on the Forum then.
Hopefully they will do now ?

As for tonight's match, everybody has confirmed their availability except for Jacko...although he might have done elsewhere ?
I asked Smithy on Monday night and he said he was available.
Cascoe is picking up Daley.
John is picking up Ben & Lee.

Trev has just phoned me and we are panicking that we will not have a goalkeeper (again) tonight.

Jacko dropped out at short notice for last Thursday's match without giving a reason and nobody has heard from him since. Trev has tried texting him but he is not replying and he hasn't put anything on here.
Does anybody know where he is ?
Is he working abroad this week ?