THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 26th May (7-a-Side)

This Thursday we are playing Locomotive Southgate, who our Monday Night team lost 4-3 to last night. (I will update the website with that later today). Apparently we were the better side and the opposing keeper played well.
Thursday night's match is a 9.00.p.m. kick-off and I am naming a squad of 9 as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Danny Smith
Danny Hagan
Lee King
Ben Keating
John Scouller
Martin Cruickshank
Daniel Daley

Please confirm your availability asap, either on here or by text.

I have left Martin Worthington out as he keeps letting us down (and owes too much subs).
That means Danny Hagan and Danny Smith are both in the squad again despite playing in last night's match. That's because we have nobody else available (or good enough for the Thursday night League) who can play in defence...which Smithy has been doing really well.
Martin Cruickshank (Lee's mate from St. Mary's) can only make 9.00.p.m. kick-offs because of work, so now is his chance to play, and I have also added Daley to the squad as he is available.
Looks like I am going to have to be Manager (which I hate doing) as Trev is still away in Cyprus. Hopefully Barney can help me in making decisions on substitutions though...rather than me taking all the flak !?

I have just noticed that we are actually down as the 'Home Team' for this match, so Locomotive Southgate (who play in green) should be the team to change/wear bibs...presumably ? There is no need for Loveday to give me back the yellow bibs if they were used last night. I will bring some blue ones for Thursday in case we have to wear them.
I will get the yellow ones back when I next attend a Monday night match.

On Thursday, I will also be bringing along the Waltham Sunday League Multi-Registration Form for next season.
If Ben, Martin C. and Daley are all signing up for us next season, they will need to give me a passport photo for their registrations. Also, Ben and Martin must not sign White Hart (Ben) and St.Mary's (Martin) Multi-Registration forms if they are signing ours ! The League will 'ban them' if they do, and we will then have to pay a transfer fee and fill in more forms, which will be a right hassle. (Their names will be pre-printed on White Hart and St. Mary's Multi-Registration Forms as they were the teams they were registered with last season, but if they don't sign those forms, then they will not be registered with those clubs for next season).

Re: Squad for Thursday 26th May (7-a-Side)

I'm fine to play mate - it worked pretty well with the players making substitutions last week, so we can do that if you're not keen to manage.

Barney
I'm fine to play mate - it worked pretty well with the players making substitutions last week, so we can do that if you're not keen to manage.
More difficult with 9 though. That's what I am getting at, but I don't really want to leave anybody out.

Just for info Terry Brown has stated that he will probably be available if you need anyone else.

Fair enough Lol, although we may lose 1 or more before Thursday. Worst case, we can agree set times to take people off at the start of the half, so people play roughly the same time each.

Oh, and if Dan Hagan is reading this: Don't forget to bring the kit mate!

Im available but if we hav 9 confirm I will drop
I'm more prone to injury if we keep
Making changes I think 8 is perfect
As recent weeks hav proved everyones
Been cool with it

i said after last weeks game im working this week so i cant play sorry

john scouller
i said after last weeks game im working this week so i cant play sorry
Where does Ben live ? I presume he needs a lift from somewhere ?
I can pick up Lee from Turkey Street then drive back down to Edmonton to pick up Martin C, but picking up people in Cheshunt will definitely be a problem.

I have arranged to pick up Daley from Edmonton Green station (outside McKenzies Solicitors) at 8.15.p.m. tomorrow night.
Martin Cruickshank lives at Edmonton Green as well, but I have only met him once before and don't know what he looks like. I have texted Lee to see if him and Martin are playing and whether they could both meet me there with Daley, but I have not had a reply yet.

I do not have a phone number for Ben Keating, so I don't know how he is going to get there or even whether he is playing.
I won't be able to give him a lift as I already have four in my car (potentially).

I have had no confirmation from Jacko or Hagan yet either.

We only have 5 players at the moment.
These are Jacko (GK), Barney, Hagan, Smithy & Daley.

John Scouller, Lee King & Martin Cruickshank are all working and Terry Brown is moving house, so he can't play either.

John has given me Ben Keating's number. If he is playing, he will need a lift (from Smithy) either from Theobalds Lane in Cheshunt or the Tesco Express in Bullsmoor Lane. (I think that's what John said ?)

I have texted Kizza but not tried anybody else yet.
Looks like it is all going to have to be sorted out very late on the day of the match (as usual).

Lexton is playing, so that makes 6.
No reply from Kizza.
I think it's too impractical for somebody to give Ben a lift when nobody really knows him well enough yet. I have only met him once...not that I can give him a lift from Cheshunt/Bullsmoor anyway when I am picking up Daley in Edmonton.

We still need one more player from somewhere.

Smithy has dropped out, but Ben is now getting a lift there from somebody. He will need a lift back to Cheshunt from one of us though.

Lexton can only get there if Jacko gives him a lift. Hopefully he will, otherwise we will only have 6 players including me !

Kizza is unavailable as he is working late.

Well...I have tried absolutely everybody and it is too short notice for them all.
I am going to have to play as part of a 'bare seven'.

Not good.