THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side League News

For those of our players who never check their e-mail inboxes (i.e. quite a few !), some news regarding the 7-a-side League.

Firstly, our Monday Night team won their first match 5-0 the other night and details of that match are now here on the website.
We now have a match next Monday (16th May) when we didn't have originally, as they have just added an 8th team to the League. Details of that fixture are here on the website and Loveday will announce the squad for that game here on the Forum on Friday morning (or before if he wants).
A PDF of all our Monday Night fixtures (as they stand at the moment) can be downloaded from here.

Secondly, a team have dropped out of the Thursday Night League, meaning some fixtures and kick-off times have been re-arranged there as well.
A PDF of all our Thursday Night fixtures (as they stand at the moment) can be downloaded from here.
Our game on Thursday 19th May has been changed from 7.00.p.m. to an 8.00.p.m. Kick-Off. That causes me a problem as Trevor is on holiday and I have to go to the League AGM (which starts at 8.00.p.m.). If we had been playing at 7.00.p.m., I would have come to the 7-a-side match first, but now Barney will have to take the kit and wash it after this coming Thursday's match and then do everything himself on the 19th...assuming he is available on that date ?

Finally (regarding the 7-a-side League), the Southgate Hockey Centre have just informed me that anybody parking their car in Snakes Lane when the car park is full up will have an £80.00 fine slapped on their windscreen. If you can't get a space in the Hockey Centre car park, you have to follow the directions on this map instead and park in the Middlesex University Sports Centre car park. To get into that car park, you have to press a buzzer and tell the security guard that you are playing football in the Southgate Hockey Centre.

Re: 7-a-Side League News

Laurence
If we had been playing at 7.00.p.m., I would have come to the 7-a-side match first, but now Barney will have to take the kit and wash it after this coming Thursday's match and then do everything himself on the 19th...assuming he is available on that date ?

Shouldn't be a problem.

Laurence
Finally (regarding the 7-a-side League), the Southgate Hockey Centre have just informed me that anybody parking their car in Snakes Lane when the car park is full up will have an £80.00 fine slapped on their windscreen.
Well...Lexton obviously didn't read the Forum judging by what I saw last night !

Is it a private road, and can they actually enforce that without clamping people, and without signs on the roadside?

There were loads of cars parked out there when I left.

Barney
Is it a private road, and can they actually enforce that without clamping people, and without signs on the roadside?

There were loads of cars parked out there when I left.
...and they were all getting a ticket slapped on them when I left.

Yeah, but if someone parked on my driveway, I could put a ticket on their windscreen 'fining' them £80, but I suspect collecting it would be another matter...

Snakes Lane isn't a private road.
From the way it was worded by the Southgate Hockey Centre it's because the Middlesex University buses 'can't get through' if cars are parked there, so presumably Enfield Council have given the o.k. to a private firm to police it and issue the fines ?