THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Thursday 12th May (7-a-Side)

This coming Thursday night's 7-a-side League match at the Southgate Hockey Centre is a 7.00.p.m. Kick-Off against The Condensers, who beat Emerald Rovers (one of the better sides in the League) 8-5 in their first match last week, so this looks like a tough game against a new, unknown side.

The squad of 8 for this match is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Lee King
Ben Keating
John Scouller
Martin Worthington
(if he has recovered from injury)

Can the players listed above please confirm their availability asap ?

Danny Hagan & Danny Smith are both in the squad because they prefer to play on Thursdays and were only called up to play last night because we had about 20 players making themselves unavailable...according to a text Loveday sent me !
If anybody drops out, I will try and get a replacement from the following players, assuming they can make a 7.00.p.m. Kick-Off ?...
Terry Brown (If John gives him a lift)
Yianni Kyriacou (If he has changed his work shifts...he said he was going to try to work on Sundays so that he could play 7-a-side in midweek).
Lexton Harrison (I don't think he can get there from work in time though ?)
Gary Odell (Ex-Rovers atacking midfielder making a comeback)
plus one or two others who played last night for the Monday Team and are available for this match as well.

The website will be updated later today with details of last night's match (a 5-0 win for our Monday Night team ! ) and Forthcoming Fixtures, etc.

Re: Squad for Thursday 12th May (7-a-Side)

I'll be there mate.

I'm in.

Martin is not fit yet.

Danny Hagan and Danny Smith have both confirmed their availability in addition to Jacko & Barney but nobody else has yet.

I have texted Lexton to try and get him to play (as a defender) to replace Martin Worthington, but I have had no reply yet.
I texted Yan and he is still working on Thursday nights (and playing Powerleague on Mondays ?) until further notice.

I texted John Scouller to ask him whether he is picking up Lee King & Ben Keating, but I have had no reply yet.

I have Kizza and presumably Terry Brown both available if Lexton, John, Lee and/or Ben can't play. They are both forwards though, which will mean Danny Hagan having to play in defence...which is a waste.
Also, we are playing a team full of Ryman League players here by the look of it, so this is not a game for giving weaker players a run-out.

That's the situation at the moment.

John Scouller and Ben Keating are both playing, but I am not getting any answer from anybody else.

Looks like I will have to spend most of the day tomorrow (Thursday) chasing players up to play and hoping they have brought their kit in to work so they can play at short notice

I can help out if required.

Might not be on line later though so you will have to text me.

Regards,

We have a squad of 8 now as Lee and Lexton have both confirmed.
Lex needs a pair of Astroturf boots though. He said he will go out and buy a pair this afternoon, but if somebody has a spare pair they could bring just in case, that would be helpful.