THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AGM - Friday 10th June ?

Stuart has suggested Friday 10th June at the Beehive Pub in Little Bury Street, Edmonton, N9 as a good date & venue for this season's AGM/Awards Night that is not too far away for most of our players (unlike the Snooker Room). This would start at 7.30.p.m.'ish.

As far as I know, it would not cost anything (or not too much). They would just section off a part of the pub for us and we would have access to a big screen/TV.
In my opinion, we must have an AGM on a Friday night. There are far too many players who have cricket and social commitments (e.g. Wedding receptions) on Saturday evenings during the Summer.

I think Danny Hagan is on holiday for this date, but I'm not sure about anybody else. Can we have some feedback asap please so that we can get this organised ?

Re: AGM - Friday 10th June ?

two things firstly im well up for this date for the agm as its my birthday so i can have a good drink up whilst celebrating winning goal of the season!!!! secondly cant play sunday as im working sorry

Sounds like a good idea. I will be there.

Not keen on the beehive.....

Suggested the beehive as it's fairly local and they'll be happy to section a bit off if there's enough of us. I thought that we can move on to islington (or somewhere a bit more livelier than the beehive) later on

yes i will be there, so will olie, im not on holiday until the 13th of july lol for 2 weeks.

Appears a good date for me too

As far as I am concerned, as long as Conor & Stuart can both make it, then we'll go for it.

When Barney gets back from holiday (on Monday 25th), I'll e-mail the Management Committee and we'll start getting things sorted.
I will need help with organising and getting the trophies, sending out Player-Of-The-Year Voting Forms and generally chasing up current, former & prospective new players to attend, as I will be too busy at this time of year to do that. (That's why we normally have an AGM in August, but then people are on holiday and miss it).

I will put a week aside from editing Cup Finals in May in order to do a Goal Of The Season DVD (a Top 10) and a Goal Of The Decade DVD (a Top 20).
These will then be shown at the AGM as our usual fund-raiser. £2.00 per entry to choose your Top 3 goals. Nearest vote to my Top 3 wins half the money collected in.

John Scouller

secondly cant play sunday as im working sorry

John,

Did this mean that you couldn't play on Sunday 17th when we did not have a game?

Presumably you are not working on Easter Sunday 24th when we are playing - see Turnford Geese thread.

What's The Beehive's stance on strippers, anybody know?

Rob
What's The Beehive's stance on strippers, anybody know?
...and on people turning up at the Pub already paralytic from an all-day drinking session beforehand ?!

I'm fine for the 10th at the Beehive.

Cheers
Barney

Have we got anywhere with finalising this yet? Probably need to get our arses in gear?

Stuart is supposed to be coming round to my house this afternoon to pick up some info but he hasn't turned up yet. I will speak to him to confirm he has got the Beehive 'booked' for Friday 10th June.

I am massively busy filming & editing Cup Finals up until the League AGM this coming Thursday night, but I have planned the whole of next Friday (20th May) to concentrate on Rovers stuff including preparations for the AGM.
Obviously it's a nuisance that Trev is away in Cyprus, but between myself, Loveday, Barney & Terry Moore, we should be able to get things organised on Friday and early the following week in terms of getting trophies, getting Player Of The Year votes in and generally contacting as many people as possible.

I will e-mail those Management Committee members on Friday 20th (or shortly thereafter) with full details of what I will need them to do.

Re: AGM - Friday 10th June

I can now confirm that the AGM will DEFINITELY take place at the Beehive on Friday 10th June (two weeks time) and that we want everybody to get there at 7.00.p.m. (as opposed to 7.30.p.m. which was stated originally).

Agendas and Player's Player Of The Year Voting Forms (for those who are eligible to vote) will be e-mailed out to all current and prospective new club members tomorrow (Friday) morning, and for the many players who never bother checking their e-mail or who don't know how to open attachments , we will hand out printed Agendas and Voting Forms at our forthcoming 7-a-side matches.

Ex-club members, especially our Greats Of The Past, are most welcome to attend.

Just an update on this...

Everything is looking good for the AGM this Friday night as nobody from last season's squad has yet told me they are unable to attend.

I am still waiting for the following players to text me their 1,2,3 for Player's Player Of The Year though...
Conor McGovern
Danny Smith
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Lexton Harrison
Terry Brown
Tony King
John Scouller
Olie Tedder
Colin Bester

Conor, Terry, Tony, John & Olie all should have checked their e-mails I would have thought, whereas I know the others don't.
I gave Smithy a voting form at 7-a-side last night, but I forgot to give Lexton & Colin a form. I actually forgot to give Lexton an Agenda and ask him if he was coming to the AGM, so bearing in mind he doesn't check his e-mail or look at this Forum or the website, he probably doesn't even know it is on !?
I will give Lee a voting form at 7-a-side on Thursday night, but there is no way of getting a form to Dean.
I am picking up the trophies during the day on Friday and ideally I wanted to have the winner's name engraved on it, but that's probably not going to happen now...all because far too many players never check their e-mail !

The Goal Of The Season and Goal Of The Decade DVD's have been completed and as long as the projector for the 'big screen' in the Beehive has the yellow, white & red AV inputs that I need (Stuart assures me that it has ?! ), then these will be shown after the Agenda & Trophy presentations.
I am also hoping to put the Top 20 goals from the 90's on a DVD, together with some other stuff from 10/15/20 years ago which will feature some of our older players looking 'silly', although I cannot promise anything as I am really busy at the moment.

I will be getting there at 7.00.p.m., although I don't really know the 'guvnor' there. I have only ever been in the Beehive once before, so I'm not sure what part of the pub Stuart has asked to be sectioned off for our use or how much room we have got.
Is anybody else getting there at 7.00 who is a bit more of a Beehive regular ?

Laurence
I am still waiting for the following players to text me their 1,2,3 for Player's Player Of The Year though...
Conor McGovern
Danny Smith
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Lexton Harrison
Terry Brown
Tony King
John Scouller
Olie Tedder
Colin Bester

Only waiting for Lexton, Tony King & Dean now.

An update on the AGM tonight...

Dean is the only player who hasn't voted, but it won't affect the award if he doesn't anyway.

The only apologies for absence I have had are from Martin Worthington (Back up in Liverpool for the weekend), Tim Beeden (Cricket Club Quiz Night), Dave Bagnall (On a course) and Olie Tedder...who is gutted !

It looks as if every other current club member/regular player from this season will be there, maybe not at 7.00.p.m., but certainly at some stage, and if so, that will be like getting back to the 'good old days' of the 1980's when everybody always turned up to the AGM.
Last year we didn't even have one !

We are also expecting a few new and returning players to be there, along with several of our 'Greats Of The Past' !

At 7-a-side last night, it was mentioned that The Beehive will shut at 11.00.p.m.
I have no idea if that is correct or not, so can Stuart please confirm ?
The idea is that 'we will all' go off clubbing somewhere if that 11.00.p.m. closing time is correct.
My main concern with that time is that we MUST get the Agenda started by 8.00.p.m. if that is correct, but I can see a lot of our players turning up well after that, even though I have told them not to.
We have had several AGM's in the past when we have had to start the Agenda without the trophy winners being there, and it is then a complete anti-climax when we have to award the trophies after the event instead.

Open till midnight prob. Not sure about clubbing...Taps/the stag maybe. Open till 2

Stu...do I have your permission to show 'The Out-Takes Re-Gurgitated' ?
Now on DVD !

Jacko's night in smileys....

That is quality!

super stuff Rob

Rob
Jacko's night in smileys....

That's definitely one for this page I think !?