THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Easter Day (24th April) v. Turnford Geese

Our next and final match of the season is in two weeks' time when we play at Home to Turnford Geese...but on Pitch 11 at Enfield Playing Fields as Hazelwood is being used for cricket from that date onwards.
Pitch 11 is the one we played Kensington Athletic on earlier this season (the 7-0 win in the London Cup). It's the one nearest the Astroturfs and behind the Central Pavilion changing rooms, so we'll therefore park in the Ladysmith Road car park. Details will be on the Forthcoming Fixtures page later today.

Trevor has named a squad of 16 already as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson
(GK...or centre-half ! )
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Martin Worthington
Olie Tedder
Colin Bester
Rob Brown
Dean Assiamah
Yianni Kyriacou
Danny Hagan
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Tony King
Lee King
Conor McGovern
John Scouller

If any of the above players cannot play because of Easter family/social commitments, please let us know as soon as possible so that we have time to see if any other registered players are available.
I'm sure Conor will be well annoyed if we end up non-fulfilling his last match for the club !!!

Re: Squad For Easter Day (24th April) v. Turnford Geese

I simply cannot play as my injury is not getting any better and need to rest, i should however be there to run the line or what not.

Loveday
I simply cannot play as my injury is not getting any better and need to rest, i should however be there to run the line or what not.
I will definitely need you (or Darryl) to help me put the nets up over there. Saves bringing a pair of step-ladders !

Conor now says he is unavailable for Easter Day, so like Stuart, he has also already played his last match for the club !
Unfortunately we can't tell the League to re-arrange this match just to suit Stuart & Conor.

Also, I have just read on another thread that Darryl is 'on a lash-up in Valencia', so that's another one gone.

The worry now is how to avoid a non-fulfilment, as I can see at least four others in that squad of 16 dropping out...probably at short notice.

Please can we have some replies as soon as possible.

i could of played on the 17th but i cant play this sunday i work sunday then have the next two sundays off then work sunday understand what i mean? and i want to save a few holidays for next seasons games sorry

Available

Definate in Valencia playing two matches on the tour

I'm available if Needed=

Terry Brown
I'm available if Needed=
You are most definitely needed.
You have got to sign your sending-off form on Sunday for a start !

Danny Hagan, Olie Tedder and Terry Moore have confirmed by text and e-mail.

Rob Brown and Terry Brown have confirmed on here. John Scouller is working on Easter Sunday! Any ideas why he is working on a bank holiday?

Can Danny Brown play?

More replies please.

i can see this is really bothering you!!! i am working because i have to its how my roster works, plus i have missed one game since i signed i booked holiday to play in three of the games this season, would u prefer i missed loads next season or just this one?

John, I have no problem with the fact that you are working. It is simply that I do not know what your job is and wondered why you have to work on a public holiday.

Yan has now confirmed he is available.

What has happened to Jacko? Has he been seen since celebrating Stoke's win at Wembley?

Trevor Hughes
What has happened to Jacko? Has he been seen since celebrating Stoke's win at Wembley?
Trev, you need to get on Facebook. There is plenty of Jacko on there gloating about Stoke !

Trevor Hughes
It is simply that I do not know what your job is

What a nosey B*stard! If you must know Trev, John is a rentboy!

Me and Martin shall be there..

special discount for the agm fiver a pop trevor you get first dibs!!!!

Jacko
Me and Martin shall be there..
If Martin is playing, then that is a pretty decent side we could be fielding as long as nobody drops out just because we were dreadful against Asco in our last match. I heard at least one player saying they weren't going to bother any more just because we had no defenders in that match, but this time we have got Terry Moore back, Rob can play in defence (alongside Terry & Martin), then everybody else can play in their normal positions...e.g. Lexton up front, Lee up front, Hagan, Yan, Terry Brown & Dean in midfield, Kizza on the left.

Let's get everyone up for this one and have a good finish to the season. NO DROPPING OUT !!!
It will set us up nicely for the 7-a-side League, we can then attract good players along to that and we can then build a really good squad for next season.

Lexton and Lee have now confirmed.

Still no reply from Kizza, Dean, Colin and Tony.
I also text Rob to ask if Danny Brown is available but no reply.

I'll be there

Kizza has done one of his many disappearing acts again. Wiped Facebook & Twitter accounts and not answering his phone. (It's not the first time he has done that and then re-surfaced again a couple of weeks later).
The last I heard from him was last weekend when he urgently wanted loads of self-promotional DVD's copied with about an hour's notice , but I was too busy to do it. Maybe he's got the hump because of that ?

I don't think he will be playing tomorrow somehow.
I am guessing he is abroad somewhere.

i'll be there

Kizza phoned me and is playing. He is coming by train so hopefully they are not cancelled.