THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday 10th April v. Asco (Double-Header) Now Confirmed

It has now been confirmed here that we are playing Asco in a Double-Header next Sunday (10th April)...when Stuart, Conor, Barney & Terry Moore are all missing.
It is being played at Hazelwood though, not up in Hoddesdon, so at least that's a bonus.

For those of our players who don't know, a Double-Header is 2 x 60-minute matches played one after the other. I don't know how much Trev wants to charge each player per match, but can we do £5.00 per game (with substitutes or substituted players as £2/£2.50/£3 per game)...or is that too expensive ?
I think the maximum number of players we want is 18 (including both Jacko & Darryl) with each player being guaranteed at least 60 minutes.

As for the squad, I would say the following should be the order of preference based on recent loyalty & availability, then ability for those who have not been about lately but may be available to help us out:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Danny Hagan
Yianni Kyriacou
Lee King
John Scouller
Rob Brown
Terry Brown
Lexton Harrison
Martin Loveday
(Groin strain or not !)
Colin Bester
Danny Smith
(Ankle Injury or not !)
Martin Worthington (Neck Injury or not !)
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Dean Assiamah
Tem Adil
Danny Brown
Andrew Warmerdam

That's 18, but as we know, there is no way that they are all going to be available, so we will then need some of the following:
Jim Arrowsmith
Steve Cokell
Paul Duffy
Tony King
Olie Tedder
Gavin Mardell
Tim Beeden
(As an outfield player)
Rob Dodds

If any of the players listed above are definitely not available, please let us know asap so that Trevor can pick a definite squad.

Stuart please note...although it doesn't say on the Full-Time site yet, this means that we will now definitely be playing at Home to Turnford Geese on Easter Day (24th April), albeit on Pitch 11 at Enfield Playing Fields as Hazelwood is being used for cricket. This means that you have indeed already played your last game for the club !

Re: Sunday 10th April v. Asco (Double-Header) Now Confirmed

sorry to say that my groin needs further rest so i will not be playing again this season unless the situation is players pull out on the morning of the game and we have 10.

can play if needed

Laurence
Stuart please note...although it doesn't say on the Full-Time site yet, this means that we will now definitely be playing at Home to Turnford Geese on Easter Day (24th April), albeit on Pitch 11 at Enfield Playing Fields as Hazelwood is being used for cricket. This means that you have indeed already played your last game for the club !

least we won it i guess!!

I'm available, but Martin Worthington is now away for this one.

It's pretty obvious that we are really going to be struggling this Sunday and that more players will decide to give it a miss and do something else instead. However, as long as we can find eleven players for the first match, anyone can play in defence. We have scraped a draw (or only suffered a narrow defeat) in the first match of Double-Headers before when fielding a really weak side. It's quite easy to do that in a 60-minute match.

If some of those eleven then have to go to work or a Christening or whatever and can't play in the second match, then we'll just have to have a laugh with 8 men (including me) or non-fulfil it.
If Trev doesn't want to chase up players before the match to try and get a squad of at least 14, then he can pay the fine out of his own money if we non-fulfil the second game.
I can't chase up certain players myself unless Trev tells me to.

I forgot to mention that Warmers is unavailable...hence the pessimism in my earlier post.

Tem has also texted this morning to say that he has a calf injury and is currently 50/50.

There are not many replies to this thread.
Please post if you are available.

I'm available

Only Simon Jackson, Olie Tedder and Colin Bester have confirmed on The Forum above.

Kizza had confirmed by e-mail.

I text everyone else tonight and have received confirmation from Danny Hagan, Lexton Harrison, Yann Kyriacou and Lee King.

Martin Loveday, Martin Worthington, Andrew Warmerdam and Rob Brown have confirmed they are unavailable. Rob Brown thinks that Danny Brown is unavailable.

Tem Adil has text Laurence that he is 50/50.

We are still awaiting confirmation from Darryl Johnson, John Scouller, Terry Brown, Danny Smith and Dean Assiamah.

Ok, i have not repled yet as i do niot jknow if i can say yes or no. I have a lot oin at work right now and i will not know until Saturday work load. I should be ok but it is 50/50

So...I make it that we have 8 players at the moment.
Jacko (GK), Colin, Olie, Lexton (that's the back three), Yan, Hagan & Kizza as a midfield three, and Lee on his own up front. Looks like I will have to play, probably right midfield to make it a 3-4-1...then if we are lucky, two out of John, Tem, Darryl, Smithy, Terry Brown or Dean will play.

Why does this always happen for Double-Headers ? It's just not good enough.

im playing

I've been off work and had no access to my internet, at the moment I'm going to say no because I've been struggling to do any exercise for the past couple of week's and the game against st Mary's completely f@~k~d me, Let me know if you're struggling for players saturday and i'll see how i am as i do want to play.

John Scouller
im playing
John, I think you are going to have to bang on Dean's door for half an hour on Sunday morning and get him to wake up !

Am available if needed (sorry I've been off the radar for a bit!

Im available

Danny Smith and Terry Brown have also confirmed by text today so we now have a squad of 13 plus Darryl and Tem who are both 50/50.

It is a double header so everyone will play at least 60 minutes and the 'fresh legs' mean we can get 6 points.

Sorry, got in from work saturday with a cold, went to bed and woke up at half two Sunday. Sorry fellas.

see that dj - take you out the back 3 and we fall to pieces!!