THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A few questions......

1. What are we going to do pre-season wise this year, I'll happily run some fitness sessions on a Sunday morning in a park or on some common ground. What about pre-season ball work?

2. Are we going to try and arrange our pre-season friendlies at Southgate Hockey club again? great venue and it was great to have a beer afterwards for team building last year.

3. What are the recruitment intentions?

4. Shall we try and set the date for the AGM now?

5. Is it worth trying to organise another snooker night?

Feedback from everyone please.

Jacko

Re: A few questions......

Finger me u sprint out ur box
At 0.1mph and u wanna do our
Pre season fitness . What's next
With this club conner taking charge of
The passing game

Smithy You would not last 1o mins in one of my sessions, I did not say I was going to do it, but to run it......

Lol in that case I will be ur assistant

1st things 1st....last game of season is 17th April (that still reight Lol??)

booze up in broadway?? we can all laugh at jacko as stoke will be getting done by bolton in cup semi...

I'm in for the Leo - mine & Stu's send off - spread the word!!!

stu
1st things 1st....last game of season is 17th April (that still reight Lol??)
Unfortunately that won't be confirmed until Monday 4th April, so we can't plan anything until then.

Jacko
1. What are we going to do pre-season wise this year, I'll happily run some fitness sessions on a Sunday morning in a park or on some common ground. What about pre-season ball work?
Last year we hired the grass bit of the Southgate Hockey Centre before our 7-a-side games in midweek and had some successful sessions. I think we had a Sunday morning session and nobody turned up ?
If we go in the Monday Night 7-a-side League as well as the Thursday Night League, then I don't think players will turn up to Sunday morning training sessions...but they will for Friendly matches.
If the SHC didn't charge us for using the grass, a 30-45 minute fitness/ballwork session before or after our 7-a-side matches would be ideal IMO, either on a Monday or a Thursday night depending on how many players are up for it. Having to pay to use that grass area is a real pain though.

Jacko
2. Are we going to try and arrange our pre-season friendlies at Southgate Hockey club again? great venue and it was great to have a beer afterwards for team building last year.
Most definitely.

Jacko
3. What are the recruitment intentions?
Bit early to publicly announce on here. The 'speculation' will have to be put in e-mails for the time being until the current season finishes and we know what other clubs and/or individual players are doing.

Jacko
4. Shall we try and set the date for the AGM now?
I definitely think we need to look at having the AGM as soon as possible after we have played our last League match of the season...and possibly using the bar at the Southgate Hockey Centre as a venue, even though it will be very expensive. We know that players simply will not travel to get to the 'Snooker Room'. It is too much hassle.
Also, we must have the AGM on a Friday night in my opinion. I'm sorry, but surely our City workers can miss their traditional post-work Friday night drink with their colleagues for just one Friday night ?!

Jacko
5. Is it worth trying to organise another snooker night?
Leave until next season. Let's get the AGM sorted first and see how committed our newer/younger players are for that.

17th is an issue for me as I'm likely to be a Wembely.

Market Jacko??