THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Remaining Fixtures

I have just had a chat with the League Fixture Secretary to try and find out when all our five remaining fixtures are going to be played.

As we know, we are at Home to Flamstead End this Sunday (20th March), then at Home to St.Mary's on Sunday 27th March (the day the clocks go forward and people turn up an hour late ! ).
We then have no match on Sunday 3rd April, although that is Mothers Day, so we may well have players unavailable due to family commitments anyway ?
On Sunday 10th April, we will definitely have a match because we were 'Free' the week before. This is when Barney goes away to India for three weeks and Terry Moore and Stuart are also missing because of somebody's Stag Do. However, Lexton was at training last night and Martin Worthington should also be available, so that's two players there who can replace Barney, Terry & Stuart in defence if necessary. Hopefully Loveday's groin injury might be better by then, or Warmers might be available ?
The game on the 10th will probably be a Double-Header against Asco at their ground in Castle Road, Hoddesdon. We will definitely not be playing Asco in two separate matches or in midweek. They have too big a backlog, so they have to play Double-Headers instead.
Our one remaining game will then be at Home to Turnford Geese, and that should be on Sunday 17th April, as Asco could be playing in the Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Final on that date.

Re: Remaining Fixtures

Asco are through to the Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Final on the 17th April, so we are therefore 'definitely' playing them in a Double-Header at their ground in Hoddesdon on Sunday 10th April.
In addition to Barney, Terry Moore & Stuart, I was also told yesterday by Jacko, Conor and Rob Brown that they are all unavailable on that date as well...and they were not winding me up !
There may even have been others telling me they can't play (e.g. Terry Brown ?). I can't remember now.

We must not 'non-fulfil' a Double-Header as it will be a £150.00 Fine !!!
We will also lose the 6 points, and the way the League Table stands at the moment, if we also lose to St. Mary's this Sunday and Turnford Geese on the 17th April, we will definitely finish second from bottom.
We won't get relegated if that happens because of teams dropping out in the top two divisions this season, but we will go down if McKenzie Rangers win their three remaining matches against Turnford Geese, AFC Cheshunt & St. Mary's and we then finish bottom.

If there are any more players who are unavailable on Sunday 10th April, please let us know now so that we can chase up the likes of Darryl Johnson, Steve Cokell, Jim Arrowsmith, Andrew Warmerdam, Tony King, Tem Adil & Gavin Mardell to play. They will all probably need at least a week's notice in order to get off work & family commitments.

I'm OK for that day, got the wrong week, the Wedding is the week before, no panic.

Oi cloth ears! I didn't say I was unavailable. I said I was supposed to be going up to Blackpool that weekend with Arsenal but that I had cancelled going for various reasons and therefore I was available on the 10th.

(my impression of lau) ->

Rob
Oi cloth ears! I didn't say I was unavailable. I said I was supposed to be going up to Blackpool that weekend with Arsenal but that I had cancelled going for various reasons and therefore I was available on the 10th.
I didn't hear that bit...probably because somebody else was telling me they were unavailable at the same time (so got things mixed up).

Cloth ears pml