THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chaps,

after much much deliberation, I have decided to hang up the old boots at the end of this season along with our illustrious skipper.

I really wanted to play into my forties but have found this season tough - the irregularity of our matches hasn't helped - I haven't been able to get into any ryhthm and recovery after games is taking me two days. I'm literally in agony so I have to start listening to my body - I need to be able to walk in 10 or 20 years!!

Unlike Stu - I won't be signing to help out if you're short - The club finally seems to be getting some interest from younger players and I'd rather step out gracefully so to speak.

Needless to say, the last 21 years (apart from a few years out to play Saturday football) has been memorable for many reasons and this decision has not been met lightly - I shall always be a Rover!!

One last thing - with me & Stu bowing out on the same day - can I request that we have one hell of an all day session to mark the occassion?

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT

RIP - 'The pony-tailed poacher'
Wouldn't mind some all-day involvement

Well, lets all have a good afternoon with you and Stu, do it properly!

Magoo
I really wanted to play into my forties but have found this season tough - the irregularity of our matches hasn't helped - I haven't been able to get into any ryhthm and recovery after games is taking me two days. I'm literally in agony so I have to start listening to my body - I need to be able to walk in 10 or 20 years!!
I know how you feel, Conor. 40 is definitely the age when you suddenly find it difficult to turn and sprint, close players down...that sort of sharpness, especially at the high level we are playing at. That's what I found anyway, and it's very frustrating.

Magoo
Needless to say, the last 21 years (apart from a few years out to play Saturday football) has been memorable for many reasons and this decision has not been met lightly - I shall always be a Rover!!
Well done Conor. Not all our long-serving players who have retired are like that. Most of them probably haven't got a clue that we still exist !

Magoo
One last thing - with me & Stu bowing out on the same day - can I request that we have one hell of an all day session to mark the occassion?
Knowing our luck, yours & Stu's scheduled last game for us will probably be a non-fulfilment either by us or our opponents or it will be on a date when hardly anybody can stay for a drink afterwards for one reason or another, which would be a right anti-climax !
Certainly I think we need to get an AGM sorted out this year at which you can both attend ? Maybe make up for not having one last year. Give you both a big send-off by hiring a room, getting some of the 'Old Boys' along/Disco/WAGS invited ? We might be able to get it arranged earlier this year (say late-May or early June) so that it doesn't interfere with holidays in July & August.

I am open to suggestions.

I agree with all you say Lol !!!!!

for a ******* change.......

Now on the subject of a get together, we the recent influx of a few new players, John, Martin, Yan etc maybe it would be a good time to have another snooker night, minus the dirty smelly stripper......?