THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arsenal v. Stoke / Arsenal v. Leyton Orient

We only had 6 players turn up to training last night (including me) because of Arsenal playing at Home and on telly.
Next Wednesday Arsenal are at Home again (although not on telly), and again the Wednesday after in an F.A. Cup Replay which will be on telly. (A draw in the first match is 'convenient' for both sides as it gives Arsenal Reserves more match practice and Leyton Orient more money if there is a replay at the Emirates).

So...we know that Trev won't be at training for the next two Wednesdays and neither will Rob Brown and Rob Dodds, who are also Arsenal season ticket holders, but who else will be either going to Arsenal or staying at home to watch the match on a dodgy internet channel (Stoke) or on TV (Leyton Orient) ?

I make it that if Tem, Dean, Colin, Yann, Terry Brown, Lexton, Olie & the ex-London Ajax players (who are all presumably Arsenal ?) all turn up to training next Wednesday instead of going to Arsenal, then we will have a total of 20 there...and possibly even more if we get more trialists coming along.
If that is the case, I will need to start planning some drills for training, otherwise it is going to be pretty boring and chaotic.

What we don't want is Arsenal supporters suddenly dropping out of training on the day saying they are now 'ill' or 'working'. Those of us Spurs supporters who were there last night thought that was very suspicious.
Please make your minds up now if you are watching Arsenal or not.

It was interesting to note that we had the Astroturf all to ourselves last night. No other teams were there !

Re: Arsenal v. Stoke / Arsenal v. Leyton Orient

I'm trying to get a ticket for the Arsenal-Stoke game, but if I don't I will not watch on the internet and come to training. Just a heads up.

I'll be at training

I am hoping to be fit to come along. may have to take it easy.

Jacko if you get a ticket and you're anywhere near the city can I tempt you with a pre match beer?

Could not source a ticket....