THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training This Wednesday (16th February)

As far as I know, it was 'agreed ?' in the changing rooms on Sunday that we will still train tomorrow night despite the Arsenal v. Barcelona match with the following players all (presumably ?) attending:
Simon Jackson
Martin Worthington
Alan Barnard
John Scouller
Lee King
(although I'm not sure who is giving him a lift ?)
Tom Watts
Danny Hagan
Colin Bester
(despite being an Arsenal supporter !)
Myself

That's 9, which means we can still have a decent session with Jacko in goal and a 4 v 4 attack v. defence, although if any of the following non-Arsenal supporting players can turn up as well, then it will be even better:
Terry Moore...Has a work do on at the moment but might be able to get out of it ?
Tim Beeden...Supports Spurs but I think likes to watch 'big matches' on TV ?
Andrew Warmerdam...To test out his neck injury ?
Jim Arrowsmith...Keeps saying he will attend training but then has last-minute work or family commitments.

Please post here or e-mail me if you can attend or not.

Re: Training This Wednesday (16th February)

Sorry, just spoke to my manger and I have to work late tomorrow.

Terry Moore is definitely not coming training either, so we ideally need one of Tim, Warmers or Jim to turn up to make it worthwhile.

If it goes down to just me, Jacko & Barney turning up (which is quite possible), then I'll leave it up to those two if they still want to train or not.

Since it's likely to be dry tomorrow (according to the forecast), and the fact that the club still has to pay 50 odd quid regardless of whether we use it or not, I'm quite happy to come along and shoot a Jacko for an hour if it's just 3 of us (which isn't that likely, is it?).

Barney
Since it's likely to be dry tomorrow (according to the forecast), and the fact that the club still has to pay 50 odd quid regardless of whether we use it or not, I'm quite happy to come along and shoot a Jacko for an hour if it's just 3 of us (which isn't that likely, is it?).
Well we know Danny Hagan won't come training if there is going to be less than 9 there. He has already gone on record saying that.
Also, unless somebody drives up to Turkey Street to pick Lee up (which I can't), then he won't be there either. John Scouller lives in Edmonton and nobody who is coming training lives anywhere near Turkey Street.

I'm ill at the mo, so wouldn't be able to attend even if Arsenal weren't playing. Sorry lads

So whats the crack then?

Who is going?

Jacko
So whats the crack then?

Who is going?
I'll be there whatever.

Obviously i won't be there due to Arsenal but i'm defiantly going to start coming regular from next week as have a few more options for lifts

ta ta
Come on you Reds!!!!!!!!!

I'm picking Martin up

Jacko
I'm picking Martin up
Make sure he brings his photo. I'll text him to remind him as well.

Sorry can't make tonight

Sorry but I'm too busy to phone and text loads of players asking them if they are coming training or not.

If there are only 5 there tonight (Jacko, Martin, Tom, Barney & myself...which is what it looks like at the moment), then so be it.

There will be 22 there next week...unless players have actually got tickets for Arsenal v. Stoke...which is not on telly.

Danny Hagan is coming training now.
I have just texted Lee to see if him and John Scouller are coming. If they turn up, we'll have 8.

Somebody has just texted Trev (at Arsenal) telling him he is not coming training tonight because nobody is going to be there and he is a bit 'stiff' after Sunday anyway.
Trev doesn't know who it is as he never enters players' phone numbers in his mobile phone contacts list.

I am guessing it is John Scouller as he was calling me 'Trev' on Sunday...despite my avatar appearing when I post on this Forum. (He must have been reading this Forum as he wouldn't have known 'nobody' was going training otherwise).

I have had no reply from Lee yet. If he says he is in Turkey Street, then he won't be coming training either. If he is in Edmonton, I can pick him up with Tom and we'll have 7 there tonight...which will be o.k. as there are some 3 v. 3 drills we can do with Jacko in goal.

Lee is stuck in Turkey Street with no lift, so that means definitely only 6 there tonight.