THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fixtures for 20th & 27th Feb Just Received.

Here are the latest Division One fixtures announced by the League.

We are playing McKenzie Rangers again on Sunday 27th February, this time Away at Enfield Playing Fields, but the Sunday before that (20th February) we have no fixture again, despite having our pitch at Hazelwood available.
This is because St. Mary's keep getting drawn Away in Cup matches, and the only other team without a game on the 20th who we have not yet played, Flamstead End, have asked to be released.
Wormley Rovers apparently dropping out of the League also doesn't help, as although we have played them twice ourselves, other fixtures could have been re-arranged to give us a game had they stayed in.
Another factor in us not having a League match two weeks running is that we have played more games than anybody else and (as usual) are no longer left in any Cup competitions, whereas virtually all other teams in our Division are !

So...looking at this list of teams who are 'Free' on the 20th February, The Beehive are the obvious choice of opponents for another Friendly. I'm sure they will be up for it bearing in mind that some of our current older players still drink in there....that's unless The Beehive have asked to be released on that date. (I have not been given that information yet, which is why they are currently listed as Free).

So...what do we think ?
Another Friendly for our newer/younger/fringe/unfit players or a week off to earn more brownie points ?

Re: Fixtures for 20th & 27th Feb Just Received.

I'll be up for that

The Beehive are now the only other team listed as 'Free' on the 20th as the others have asked to be released, so if they don't want to play us, then the only other option is to have a Current Team v. Rovers Old Boys match.

I suggest we discuss this tomorrow (Sunday), then I'll phone The Beehive tomorrow afternoon if we decide we want to play them. I am out all day today filming Sutton v. Lowestoft.

I have spoken to The Beehive and they are hoping to confirm tomorrow. They are quite hopeful that their players will be up for it.

Can all players who did not play against Churchbury who want to play in this match please let myself or Trevor know asap so that a squad can be picked ?

I can play if needed.

available

Available and badly need fitness

Still a no go for me, couple more weeks yet.