THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can't Wash The Kit

My washing machine has now broken down completely and Hotpoint won't have a new drum (& various other spare parts that are needed for it) until next Monday.
The kit from yesterday morning's match is therefore still unwashed...and starting to get very smelly !

I haven't got time to take it down a Launderette, and a Service Wash is a waste of the club's money (in my opinion)...not that there are any Launderette's left in Edmonton anyway. They all closed down years ago.

Barney can't wash the kit this week as he is going away and Trev can't wash the kit as his wife doesn't like the mess left in the kitchen

Any ideas

Re: Can't Wash The Kit

tried rebairo Lol????

stu
tried rebairo Lol????
I phoned him last week when it first started playing up. Left a message, then he Facebook-messaged me saying that he hasn't got my mobile number so he couldn't phone me back. I'll try him again, but I doubt whether he keeps a drum in his van ?
I booked the repair from Hotpoint 10 days ago. They sent somebody else the following day who ordered the new drum. They might send Rebairo round with the new drum anyway when they get it in stock...assuming he still works for Hotpoint ?

Hang it out on the line and hope it rains..............

Jacko
Hang it out on the line and hope it rains..............
Looks like I might have to as nobody else is going to volunteer to wash it by the look of it.

stick it in for a service wash and i'm sure we can muster up some dosh for it.i'll chip in

Just paid £10.00 for a service wash. Found a launderette in Upper Edmonton.
Trev...knock £10.00 off my subs please ?!

My washing machine definitely won't be fixed in time to wash the kit from this Sunday's match by the way, so if we are having to pay £10.00 for another service wash, then Steve's idea of everyone chipping in for the cost will definitely have to be used.

I take it Lexton went home/to hospital in his No.7 shirt ?

Laurence
I take it Lexton went home/to hospital in his No.7 shirt ?
The No.7 shirt was there in the washed kit, so it's not lying on the floor in A & E at the North Mid cut up into four different pieces.

How on earth did Lexton manage to get that shirt off on the touchline with a dislocated shoulder ?!

Can I remind all players of the club rule below.

All players, and particularly new players to the club, are advised that club kit must be handed in immediately after each match and turned the right way out (ready for washing), then put in the white ‘clothes washing’ bag which is in the black kit bag.

As Laurence's washing machine was broken, my wife washed the kit last week. Unfortunately she did not turn the socks the right way out and consequently some are still mud stained. First players there on Sunday will get the clean socks!

Yeah, that's always been the fun part when I've washed the kit this season: turning used, sweaty, muddy socks the right way around...