THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 13th February (Home to Churchbury)

We don't have a League match this coming Sunday (unless the League inform me otherwise on Monday evening), so we will be playing Division Four leaders Churchbury in a Friendly match as we have our pitch at Hazelwood available.

Priority is being given to those who have not been getting a match recently, particularly the recent signings, prospective new signings and our younger players, most of whom have been attending training.
The current squad of 14 is therefore as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Terry Moore
Olie Tedder
Martin Worthington
Robert Dodds
Jim Arrowsmith
Colin Bester
Yianni Kyriacou
Dean Assiamah
Rob Brown
Terry Brown
Danny Brown
Lee King
John Scouller

If others turn up to training this coming Wednesday night who want to play, they will be added to the squad if any of the above 14 are unavailable.

Further details regarding this match will be on the Forthcoming Fixtures page shortly.

Re: Squad for Sunday 13th February (Home to Churchbury)

I'm really sorry, but i'm gonna have to drop out Sunday. Something personal has come up that i can't get out of.

I can play if needed.

I'm in, and I spoke to my brother Danny last night and he is good to play as well. I also spoke to Paul Duffy yesterday and he will come over too. I assume you're happy for him to get a run out as well, as it's a friendly? I think I might be able to persuade Jamie Martin to come over too.

Rob
I'm in, and I spoke to my brother Danny last night and he is good to play as well. I also spoke to Paul Duffy yesterday and he will come over too. I assume you're happy for him to get a run out as well, as it's a friendly? I think I might be able to persuade Jamie Martin to come over too.
It's up to Trev (and he'll decide at training tonight), but I would say we should only put Paul & Jamie in ahead of others this Sunday if they are prepared to make themselves available for the rest of the season...and come training when they can.
Obviously we could do with both of them with Loveday & Lexton both out injured, but we have to be fair to those who can commit to playing (& training) regularly.

By the way...definitely no Referee for this Sunday. The League are short of four Refs for League matches this week, let alone having one spare for us !
I don't suppose any of our players knows anybody who could come out of retirement to do it ?
...otherwise it's Trev doing one half and Churchbury's Manager the other.

Following training tonight I have named a squad of 16

Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Paul Duffy
Martin Worthington
Robert Dodds
Colin Bester
Yianni Kyriacou
Dean Assiamah
Rob Brown
Terry Brown
Danny Brown
Lee King
John Scouller
Tom Watts
Tem Adil
Sotirakis Soteriou

Martin Worthington and Lee King are carrying injuries and as it is a friendly we should be able to use roll on roll off subs which will suit those players who are not fit enough for 90 minutes.

Danny Hagan volunteered to referee unless he is needed to play if people drop out.

Trevor Hughes
Following training tonight I Danny Hagan volunteered to referee unless he is needed to play if people drop out.

Hahahahahahahah!!! Please do it Dan, I won't give you any grief, honest!

I predict an early sending off for Rob

off the last email robs spoke to danny

I'm in as i need to raise my fitness.

Seen as it's a friendly can i have a glass of wine or 10 saturday night?

Regarding the opening-up/nets job, Trev said he will get there early and help me this week as the usual volunteers (Loveday & Tony King) will not be there (as far as I know ?) and Terry Moore will need to give Tom Watts a lift. (I presume he has arranged that ?)

I am assuming that John Scouller will give Dean and Lee a lift again (if they are playing) ?

Lee has texted me to say he will be fit for Sunday and that him and Dean have arranged to get a lift off Tem.

Terry Moore has confirmed that he will pick Tom up.

What time is kick off and what time do we need to meet at?

Facks Sake !!!!
How many MORE times do I have to tell our players that I work all day on Saturdays and cannot reply to texts, phone calls and/or queries on here !!!?

I have just got home from filming Sutton and have so many messages from players on my mobile it's unreal.
I haven't got time to reply to them, so somebody else will have to sort things out.

From memory, it looks like Terry Brown and Tem have dropped out, Tom Watts doesn't know if anybody is giving him a lift or not, Lee & Dean don't have John Scouller's number so they haven't got a lift (because Tem was going to pick them up), Danny Hagan is not coming now (so we have no Ref) and there is the message from Rob Dodds above.

We will be lucky to have a bare eleven tomorrow by the look of it.

I'm picking Tom up

Rob - 10.30 ko, meet at 10.00 at home ground:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=N13+5BS&ie=UTF8&t=h&hq=&hnear=London+N13+5BS,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.618803,-0.09716&spn=0.001605,0.004544&z=18

Lee's just texted, John's picking up him and Dean