THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fixtures for 6th & 13th Feb Just Received.

On Sunday 6th February we are at Home to McKenzie Rangers. It is not a Double-Header, although if it gets postponed it probably will be later in the season.

On Sunday 13th February, we have Hazelwood available as St.Mary's are Away to Flamstead End....but we have no match arranged !
After last Sunday's debacle though when only 6 players turned up for training over there, we probably shouldn't be doing anything at all. However, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page and look at all the other teams who are listed as 'Free' on that date, they are all in the bottom division (more or less), and I know that at least two of them will definitely be up for playing us in a Friendly.
We know that most of our older/first-choice/regular players will want the day off so that they can work or earn brownie points from the missus, while Barney is away for the weekend anyway, Warmers is suspended (although presumably he could play in a Friendly ?...not that he probably wants to), and Tom Watts is playing Futsal.
However, we have so many new players wanting to join us at the moment and others who have not been getting much of a game recently, that it is possible we could field a squad of 16 as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK), Darryl Johnson (GK) or Tim Beeden (GK)
Colin Bester
Tem Adil
Dean Assiamah
Danny Hagan
(Captain ?!)
Lexton Harrison
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Lee King
Olie Tedder
Chas Dryden
John Scouller
Yianni Kyriacou
Rob Dodds
Danny Brown
(Rob & Terry's brother)
Martin (the Scouse defender)
David Dartnell (Tem & Colin's mate)

Yes...a team for the future !?
What do we think ?

Re: Fixtures for 6th & 13th Feb Just Received.

Forthcoming Fixtures page now updated.

I would be very interested

Sort it properly and lets have a proper training session, best way to build team spirit etc.....

Jacko
Sort it properly
Impossible.
You saw what I wrote on my Blog !

By the way...can you phone Lexton to see if he needs a lift tomorrow ? We don't want him turning up at Half-Time again.
Loveday's helping me put the nets up, so he can't do it this week.

I will be very interested if it's a game, need to get some full games in.

How much is Valentines Day going to put a spanner in the works here ?
I know it's on Monday, but I can see quite a few players being dragged away by going away with the missus for the weekend.

Valentine's Day is for tarts. Arrange a friendly Lau. Even though I'm not in the squad you posted above... I'll play.

The latest on this is that most of our squad members who are not getting a regular game seem to be up for playing a Friendly at Hazelwood on the 13th, while we also have a number of regulars willing to play as well. I will try and arrange some opponents later today.
However, McKenzie Rangers have told us that they might be folding up after this coming Sunday's game against us (because of the reasons for their non-fulfilment last Sunday...which I won't go into on here). If they do that officially this coming Sunday afternoon/evening or on Monday, then we will be at Home to Asco in a Division One match on the 13th, and our proposed Friendly for our squad members will be off. (McKenzie Rangers are due to be playing Asco at Home on that date at the moment). If McKenzie Rangers decided to drop out on Tuesday, then that will probably be 'too late' for the Asco match to be re-arranged, so our Friendly would still be on. (The League have a sort of unwritten rule that matches cannot be arranged after a Monday night each week).

So...have any of our regular players already made plans to go away or to work on the 13th February because we haven't got a League match at the moment ?
Warmers is suspended (and injured anyway) and Barney had already planned to go away on that date some time ago, but I don't have anybody else listed at the moment.

ok for the 13th

I'm available for the 13th and i'll mention this to my brother Danny.