THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 30th January (Home to Hop Poles)

This coming Sunday we are at Home to current Division One leaders Hop Poles at Hazelwood.

As per my post here on the Forum and my 'Chairman's Blog' here on the Latest Club News page, the squad of 16 for this match is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Martin Loveday
Stuart Dorward
Alan Barnard
Andrew Warmerdam
Terry Moore
Rob Brown
Colin Bester
Tony King
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Danny Smith
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Conor McGovern
Lexton Harrison
John Scouller
...whose registration I am posting off this morning.

Terry Brown has been left out as he appears to be saying on another thread that it's his birthday and he will be out on the p!ss (again), while Tom Watts appears to have three Futsal fixtures for the next three Sunday mornings and new signing Rob Dodds is going to Arsenal v. Huddersfield, although he is not yet fit enough to play in a match anyway. I will be sending his registration off today along with John Scouller's and hope to sign up the other two new players (Martin and Yann) at training on Wednesday night as long as they turn up and bring a photo with them. They won't be registered in time for this match though.
All other players not named in the 16 at the moment should be available (as far as Trevor & myself are concerned) as they have not informed us otherwise.

If any players named in the 16 above know NOW that they are not going to be able to play this Sunday, they MUST let us know before training on Wednesday night so that we can pick replacements from those in attendance. If players are 50/50 and won't be able let us know until the morning of the match, that's fine. We'll just have to take a risk and leave them in the squad.

Trev says he is going to come along before the kick-off to pick the team and organise things, but he will then be leaving at 10.30 to go to Arsenal, leaving Stuart in charge as Player-Manager...not that he is likely to have any substitutions to worry about.
Ian Andrews is our Ref, so it probably won't matter too much that we won't have a Lino as he doesn't use them in the AFA Leagues on Saturdays...except for us getting fined for not having one once again.

Can Loveday help me with the opening-up/nets job ? (If he is going to be there).

Re: Squad For Sunday 30th January (Home to Hop Poles)

Available

Available

Unavailable probably for the rest of the season now.

Out on the **** again??

Sorry Lawrence i didnt know you was a fly on the wall watching my every move.

Wow you're good.

available although back is as stiff as a board. hopefully be fine for Sunday.

BTW - Isnt Terry Brown out on the p!ss every Saturday night??? Why out of this weeks squad?

I'm away for my birthday Sunday morning and coming back Monday, I would love to play but am getting taken away.

And only probably once a month I'm out on the **** I do all my drinking in the week because ( Lawrence ) I'm fully committed to the cause.

I'm available

available

Just an update on the squad...

Tony King & Lexton have not confirmed their availability on here, by text or by e-mail, but they were there at training last Sunday and said 'See you next Sunday', so I suppose that will do

Warmers texted me last night and said he was just about to get on a plane to come home, so wouldn't be going training. I have no idea if he is playing this Sunday at the moment, but hopefully I will find out later today.
At the moment we are assuming that Danny Hagan is not going to be fit. If he is at the last minute, then that's a bonus.
If Warmers is not playing, we will call up Lee King to the squad. Dean Assiamah is also on standby. Both Lee & Dean were at training last night.
Dean now has my mobile phone number in his phone's contacts !

John Scouller's registration is due to be processed by Denis Coventry today, so it's fingers crossed on that one !

Finally, we don't have a Referee at the moment. Ian Andrews can't get down to Hazelwood and has asked to do a game nearer where he lives. It looks like the League Referee's Secretary is away somewhere though, so nothing has been sorted out yet as regards a swap with another Referee. I am not anticipating a problem though. We should get somebody eventually.

Danny Hagan says he will be fit for this Sunday while John Scouller's registration has been accepted.

However, Darryl is 95% certain he is going away for the weekend, so Jacko will have to play in goal whether his finger is still swollen or not, while Warmers is not replying to phone calls/texts at the moment. (He normally texts me on a Saturday afternoon to let us know if he can play or not).

Meanwhile, Ian Andrews is now refereeing our match, so that's that sorted.
Just waiting on Warmers now.

Available

Warmers is playing but Danny Smith dropped out yesterday due to family commitments.

That means we now have a squad of 14 which is fine.