THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 16th January (Home to Wormley Rovers)

This Sunday we are at Home to Wormley Rovers in a Division One match at Hazelwood.
Full details are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Trevor has named a squad of 15 at the moment which is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Martin Loveday
Terry Moore
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Terry Brown
Danny Smith
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Lee King
Dean Assiamah
Tony King
Conor McGovern
Lexton Harrison
Stuart Dorward
(if his back/neck is o.k.)

Alan Barnard and Andrew Warmerdam are both away for the weekend and I think Jim Arrowsmith is also unavailable, so we are very short of defenders, especially if Stuart is still injured.
Jacko's mate Martin (who came training last week) is a defender, but I will not be able to get him signed up in time for this Sunday. Also, as his previous team in the Barnet Sunday League have recently folded, he may well have an F.A. embargo fee to pay, so I will have to investigate that first.

Can players named in the squad please confirm their availability before Wednesday evening if they are not coming training ?

I also need a volunteer to do the opening-up/nets job. Tony King did it last time. Loveday ?

Re: Squad for Sunday 16th January (Home to Wormley Rovers)

Available

Terry Moore is not playing this Sunday due to family commitments.
Looks like Lexton & Loveday as a central defensive partnership in a 4-4-2 then...but who is going to play as full-backs

Available, enjoying the holding role but will shift back to left back if needed!!

I can't come training as I'm going up to Leeds tomorrow. But I will be available Sunday and will play anywhere, but preferably up front.

Aggrevated my Groin kicking into the wind on Sunday but should be fine for Sunday but will be resting it all week so will not be training.

Available

text trev last night. ok to play
jacko just called- dislocated his finger last night at training....i've text deej to see if he can play

DEEJ GOOD TO PLAY

Just for awareness, really struggling with my groin doubt i will be fit to play on Sunday.

Loveday
Just for awareness, really struggling with my groin doubt i will be fit to play on Sunday.
Nets/opening-up job
...or shall I get Tony King to help me again ?
...although it doesn't have to be a Management Committee Member that volunteers for it !

Yeah i can do the opening up job.

Sorry boys, just wanna them things I guess.

They have told me 2 weeks, but I'm doing my best to just make it 1.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7762998&l=80714bf476&id=589133626

Re: Squad for Sunday 23rd January (Home to Wormley Rovers)

Loveday
Yeah i can do the opening up job.
O.K. Excellent.
It's also just been pointed out to me that I have the wrong date for this match at the start of this thread. This coming Sunday (v. Wormley Rovers) is of course the 23rd.

I have just been over Hazelwood and had a look at the pitch. It is very muddy from all that rain on Sunday night/Monday morning and there are puddles on the edge of the area at the Cowshed End. However, it is not supposed to rain before Sunday and I dare say the Broomfield Manager will be over there forking & sanding it for their game on Saturday anyway. I would think the game will be on.
The pitch that McKenzie Rangers were using over there though (Pitch 2) is like a lake, so I don't think anybody will be using that for a while. The Greek teams will have to go back onto the kids pitch (Pitch 3) if they turn up on Sunday.

As for our squad, Lexton is not answering his phone. I think he might be on holiday.
Also, Danny Hagan now has a groin strain after training last night and is doubtful for Sunday.
We only have one defender now (Stuart), so we are going to have to play midfielders at the back. Colin Bester and Olie Tedder are therefore now in the squad (if they could please confirm their availability) ?
If Loveday, Hagan & Lexton are all available and we end up with a squad of 16, then so be it. If those three are not playing, then we will need Tem as well (although I suspect that 9.30.a.m. on Sunday morning will be too short notice for him ?). I am assuming that Tom Watts is still injured as he did not come training last night...although neither did anybody else except for Jacko, Terry Moore, Danny Hagan and four prospective new players !

Another problem we have is Lee & Dean. They are going to need a lift from the All Saints Church/Victoria Road area (off Church Street in Edmonton), otherwise they will almost certainly turn up after the kick-off. (Lee pretty much admitted that to me on the phone the other day). If Tom is playing, he will also need a lift from there as well.
Normally Terry Moore gives them a lift but he is not playing, while I can't give them a lift as I am doing the opening-up/nets job and have a car full of equipment. The only other player who lives in Edmonton and can possibly drive that way to get to Hazelwood is Colin, but I don't think he knows them all well enough yet.
Any suggestions ? If not, we could be starting the game with 10 men including Jacko as a central midfielder !?

Also...I would like the four new players who turned up to training last night to come along this Sunday and sign up if they can. (Robert Dodds, John Scouller, his mate Yann, and Jacko's mate Martin). As it happens, Martin & Yann both played for the same team in the Barnet Sunday League last season...a very good side who have now folded...so they already knew each other. They will need to bring one newly-taken passport photo with them for their registration.
If I can sign these players up on Sunday, they will be eligible to play against Hop Poles the following week. If we have still got players struggling with injuries (or struggling to get permission from the missus ! ), then these new players will be needed.

sorry unavailable have arranged to babysit for sister didnt think i would be in squad, sorry guys.

John Scoullar just phoned to volunteer to pick up Dean and Lee and get them to the ground by 10.00.
He will phone Dean to arrange it.

John and Yann will both come to watch and bring their photos.

I'll be there

Danny Hagan is now definitely not playing this Sunday. (Groin strain).

I have also not had any confirmation from Conor or Tony King that they are playing, although they presumably said 'see you next week' to Trev after last week's match ? I have texted them both but not had a reply.
We are also still waiting to hear from Lexton. He has not replied to the text Trev sent him two days ago.

With Danny Hagan & Loveday dropping out, I have also texted Tom Watts & Jim Arrowsmith on the off-chance that they might be available this Sunday, but I have had no reply from them yet either.
I have not asked Tem if he is available yet because we will have 15 if Conor, Tony, Lexton, Tom & Jim are all available.

That's the situation at the moment.

Trevor Hughes
John Scoullar just phoned to volunteer to pick up Dean and Lee and get them to the ground by 10.00.
He will phone Dean to arrange it.

John and Yann will both come to watch and bring their photos.
If Yann knows Martin, can he get him to come along on Sunday with a photo as well ?
Jacko is now going up North for the weekend.

Game Off ! Non-Fulfilment by Wormley Rovers.
Please see the other thread I have now started. This one will be locked.