THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 16th January (Away to Flamstead End...Cup)

This Sunday we are playing Away to Flamstead End in the League Challenge Cup. The game is being played at the Cheshunt Club, a venue we have not played at before. Details including the postcode can be found on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.
If anybody needs a lift to this venue or wants to travel in convoy from the Southbury Leisure Centre, please let me know.

Trevor is now back from Australia but he is very tired and will look at the squad later today before picking his 16. He has a lot of catching-up to do !
A lot may depend on who turns up to training this coming Wednesday night.

If any players are definitely unavailable of '50/50' for this Sunday, please let us know asap.

Re: Squad for Sunday 16th January (Away to Flamstead End...Cup)

Have now spoken to Trev and he has named a squad of 15 at the moment which includes Stuart who is 50/50 because of his bad back.
The squad is as follows (Subject to availability):
Simon Jackson (GK)
Stuart Dorward
Andrew Warmerdam
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Tony King
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Terry Brown
Steve Cokell
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Tom Watts
Conor McGovern
Danny Smith

Lexton Harrison is still suspended, while Dean Assiamah & Lee King have both been left out until they explain to everybody (at training) why they did not turn up on Sunday against East Herts.
If Stuart drops out of the 15, then we will keep a squad of 14. If anybody else drops out, we will call up either Lee, Dean, Colin Bester, Jim Arrowsmith or Tem Adil depending on their availability for this Sunday and how they perform at training.

Available

Available

available

Avaialable but not fit.

Available

Rob Brown is now working this Sunday, so we are now down to 14 including Stuart.
Trev told me after training last night to tell all those that were there who are not currently in the squad (i.e. Lee King, Colin Bester, Jim Arrowsmith & Tem Adil ) to just turn up on Sunday as there is a fair chance that others might drop out and that they will be needed, although whether any of them are prepared to do that when they know they will probably only be a sub is another matter. If they are going to come along, then please can they let us know ?

Don't forget that this is a Cup game which might go to Extra Time. We MUST have three substitutes this week !

The other problem is the weather. Flamstead End play on a cricket ground and their match over there last Sunday was called off on Friday afternoon because the groundsman (who plays for Cheshunt Cricket Club) didn't want the outfield churned up for the cricket season. The forecast at the moment is for rain this evening, overnight and tomorrow morning, but not particularly torrential. However, that may be enough for the groundsman to call the game off again for this weekend as well. Apparently he normally makes a decision late on a Friday afternoon rather than on a Sunday morning. At least it is very mild though and the wind is supposed to be strong as well (although it isn't at the moment), so if it doesn't rain too much, then hopefully the pitch will dry out quickly and the game will be on.

Available

looking dodgy for this. had a swim earlier in week to try and losen my back/neck up but still in a bad way. am desparado to play though so will leave it till sat evening.

Available

Just had an e-mail from Flamstead End saying that their groundsman is allowing them to play on Sunday, so our game is therefore on.
However, that was before it started absolutely chucking it down about 30 minutes ago ! Thunder & lightning now as well !
Also, there are apparently two games being played on the pitch tomorrow (Saturday)...one in the morning, one in the afternoon, so it's quite possible that I will receive a phone call at about 4.00.p.m. tomorrow telling me our game is off.
The problem then is that I will be filming Sutton v. Concord Rangers, and that match is definitely on no matter how much it rains. When I get home from that, I will be editing the highlights for You Tube, so I won't have time to text players to tell them the game is off until about midnight. I can text Trev at about 5.00.p.m. before I start driving home and just hope he has everybody's numbers and can do that for me....except he will be watching West Ham v. Arsenal.

So...it's all going to be a bit of a hassle this weekend I'm afraid.
I think all we can do is just leave the squad as it is (including Stuart and a couple of other players who have not confirmed their availability yet...i.e. Terry Brown & Warmers) and if the game is on and those three are not playing, we will just have to phone/text Lee, Colin, Tem and/or Jim on Sunday morning and hope they are awake.

Hazelwood has already been called off for this weekend and presumably Enfield Playing Fields as well, so I think we will be very lucky if we do play.

Available

The game is definitely ON !

Warmers is playing but Stuart isn't. Lee King has been called up to replace Stuart, so we still have a squad of 14.
Loveday may have to start whether he is fit or not, but if everyone turns up we will have three good subs.