THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training This Wednesday (8th December)

I am not expecting training to get called off this week as snow isn't forecast and there shouldn't be any left on the pitch from last week.
The temperature will be well below zero, but just wear some thermals and a wooly hat !

Trevor will not be there as he is going to Arsenal, as is Olie (I presume ?).
Terry Moore is also going to Arsenal (Work do in a sponsors box), so I will need somebody to give Lee King a lift from Turkey Street. I will pick up Dean & Tom in Edmonton.
I would like to see players make an effort to attend this week as we have not played for the last two Sundays.

Re: Training This Wednesday (8th December)

i cant make it this week lol its my mums birthday...also just as i know you like to be organised well in advance - Me and Olie wont be available on if theres a game on sunday 5th of Feb. We are up Newcastle for the weekend on the sauce. We will try not to draw attention to the media that will bring bad press and tarnish Rovers reputation.

I'll get Lee if needed. How many are expected to turn up tonight?

I'll be there

Tem
I'll get Lee if needed. How many are expected to turn up tonight?
I have absolutely no idea because most of our players seem to have disappeared.
Hardly anything on here since we last played.
No replies to e-mails since we last played.
Nobody texting me asking what's going on.
Jacko is the only one posting anything on Facebook...and only to do with the Ashes.

As far as I am concerned, Trev, Danny Hagan, Olie, Conor & Terry Moore are the only regular players who are NOT coming training tonight.
As I haven't heard from anybody else, they should all be there tonight...and that includes Stuart, Steve Cokell, Rob Brown, Terry Brown, Kizza & Tony King !

I am over The Arsenal tonight, sorry.

yep -sorry. on the late today so not finshing till after 9

Right...I have just spent the last two hours texting 'everybody'.

We have 7 'definites' for tonight which are myself, Jacko, Barney, Loveday, Tom, Tem & Colin, although Colin says he will be 'late'.
The only other possibilities are Lexton, Dean & Lee. I am still waiting for them to get back to me.
If we have 10 there, we can have a good session.
(I will also be late if I am picking up Dean, so players will have to do some running without a ball for the first 10 minutes until I arrive).

Dean does not normally go training when Arsenal are live on TV, while Lexton is also an Arsenal supporter...as are Colin & Tem, so I am surprised they are coming training !
Most players are not coming training tonight because they are either going to Arsenal or want to watch it on TV...exactly as I predicted would happen with the Champions League interfering with training.
We also have one or two other players not coming tonight because it is 'too cold' for slight injuries and illnesses they are suffering from.

I am not calling training off if we only have 7 or 8 there. We can't afford to, as we have a massive bill to pay next week and we need the money in.

I'm getting Lee

I texted Dean several hours ago but have not heard anything yet.
I think Loveday is liasing with Lexton.