THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 12th December (Away to AFC Cheshunt)

Although he will be on holiday for this match, Trevor is still picking the squad (and the starting line-up), but I am still waiting for him to e-mail it to me or put it on here himself. He is too busy with work at the moment which he has to get done before he goes away.

For the time being, if any regular players apart from the suspended Rob Brown are unavailable this Sunday, please let myself or Trevor know.

Details of the match and the venue are on the Forthcoming Fixtures page.

Looking at the weather forecast for the end of this week, I would say the game will definitely be ON !
Please do NOT go and arrange to do something else....or get extremely pissed on Saturday night. This is a massive match for us now we have been awarded three points from that East Herts defeat. A win against AFC Cheshunt will put us right in with a shout of winning the Division One title.

Re: Squad for Sunday 12th December (Away to AFC Cheshunt)

available

The situation with the squad for this match at the moment is that we have 10 definite players for the starting line-up because we want to keep the same side that played so well against Charlton United in our last match. I'm sure everybody will agree with that.
These are:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Stuart Dorward
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
(See below)
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Terry Brown
Steve Cokell
Conor McGovern
Lexton Harrison

Loveday didn't play against Charlton United, but he will come straight back into the starting line-up to replace the suspended Rob Brown as we are short of defenders/midfield holding player. (Terry Moore will now play Rob's holding role and Loveday will play in the back three).

The problem at the moment (and the last place in the starting line-up for grabs) is Dean. We want to keep him in because he played really well against Charlton United, but he owes well over the £25.00 limit in subs. The other 10 players that are in the starting line-up are all either up-to-date or well below that limit. Several players are even in credit with their subs.
I have texted Dean and told him to turn up to training tonight with his subs, but if he can't attend tonight and/or can't afford to pay either tonight or on Sunday, then as far as I am concerned, he will have to be left out as we have several other good players who should then be named in the squad ahead of him.
These are as follows, and it's up to them to show some commitment by either turning up to training tonight, paying their subs (if necessary), and/or replying to texts & e-mails to let me know if they are willing to be named as a substitute this Sunday:
Lee King ...Also owes over the £25.00 limit but regularly attends training.
Tony King ...Is in credit with his subs but can't come training whatsoever. Has not confirmed his availability due to work commitments and quite often doesn't until a Friday night.
Andrew Warmerdam ...AFC Cheshunt are his old team-mates from Saturday football. He can go sub if he wants...and because we are short of defenders, we would definitely put him sub if he came training tonight and committed himself to playing, but we can't guarantee him a game.
Danny Smith ...Can't come training but doesn't owe over £25.00 in subs. Same situation as Tony King, but he refuses to go sub (like many other players). Could be put in the starting line-up instead of Dean, but then only wants to play centre midfield ! We can't put Terry Brown or Danny Hagan right midfield to put Smithy in. That's unfair on them when they are both playing so well in the centre at the moment.
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo ...Keeps texting us and keeping in touch (unlike others), but seems to be injured or abroad half the time, never comes training and owes a ridiculous amount of subs. Turn up tonight and pay his subs up-to-date though, and he can be put in the squad for Sunday. No question. Never complains about going sub either (unlike others).
Colin Bester ...Will be at training tonight and is up-to-date with his subs. Is not 100% fit yet though (by his own admission), but has said he is prepared to go sub (unlike others).
Olie Tedder ...Doesn't owe subs but can't come training tonight (or very often). Same as Colin...not 100% fit but is prepared to go sub and play when needed.
Chas Dryden ...Has not paid Annual Subs yet as he has only just joined. Doesn't drive, so can't come training unless someone who doesn't know him gives him a lift from Cheshunt. Is happy to come along and go sub though and like Olie, will probably be there this Sunday anyway.
Tem Adil ...Will be at training tonight but hasn't paid Annual Subs yet. Will probably be happy to go sub if he is not working again this Sunday. May not be 100% fit though due to recent injury problems ?
Tom Watts ...Will be at training tonight and may be prepared to come along and go sub if he does not have a match (or training) with his Futsal team this Sunday. Quality player though who is definitely good enough to start the game on the right of midfield if Dean can't afford to pay his subs. Has not paid Annual Subs yet, but (same as Warmers), that's because he doesn't know yet if he is going to be able to play regularly this season or not.

I expect that the decision will probably be left up to me, as Trevor, Stuart (Captain) and the other Management Committee Members are all too busy with work commitments at the moment.
Bearing in mind we are playing the current in-form side in the whole League this Sunday, it would be ideal if Dean pays his subs and starts the game and then we have a squad of 14 with Warmers, Tom Watts and either Smithy or Kizza as subs. That is if it was being picked on pure fitness & ability, but I will be amazed if they all commit themselves by doing 'as told' above so that we can be in that position.
The good thing is that everybody else listed above is a decent player as far as I am concerned, so as long as we have got three of them willing to come along and go sub, then we will be fine.

I don't think we can name a squad of more than 14 this week as we have no Manager. Who is going to decide which subs don't get a game ? Not me !

P.S. Jim Arrowsmith has flu at the moment, which is why he is not mentioned. He is due to be playing for his Church League team on Saturday, so I doubt whether he would make himself available for Sunday as well.

I'm afraid it's looking increasingly likely that I'll be unavailable for this match - I have no car at the moment.

That situation will be rectified by Jan 9th (Our next game?) but not unfortunately in time for Sunday.

Apologies guys - there's nothing I can do

Magoo
I'm afraid it's looking increasingly likely that I'll be unavailable for this match - I have no car at the moment.

That situation will be rectified by Jan 9th (Our next game?) but not unfortunately in time for Sunday.

Apologies guys - there's nothing I can do
How far away from Leigh-On-Sea Station do you live, Conor ? Walking distance ?

Looking at the new C2C timetable that starts on Sunday, there is a train that departs from Leigh-On-Sea at 8:51 and arrives at Barking station at 9:25.
Danny Hagan could probably drive to Barking Station in 10 minutes down the North Circular from where he lives, then easily get to Cheshunt in 35 minutes from there going back via the North Circular/M11/M25 to the A10.

Also, if Olie is driving from where he lives in Romford (and not picking Hagan up in Chingford) it will be a piece of piss for him to pass Upminster Station on his way and pick you up from there (train arrives at 9:16). He would then go up Hall Lane onto the A127, then left onto the M25 straight up to Cheshunt...which is probably the way he goes to get to our matches in Cheshunt anyway ?

Hmmm. Just had a look at a map of Leigh-On-Sea and Conor's house is actually a very long walk (probably over a mile ?) from the nearest railway station, which appears to be Chalkwell rather than Leigh-On-Sea. At least both stations are actually open on Sunday though !

Laurence I didn't say I would only play centre mid mate i will play ne where
The team needs to play but
Trevor was tryin to put me wing back and
I'm not fit enough to play there

Smithy g
That was when we were playing 3-4-1-2. That's when the wide midfielders end up as wing-backs.
I persuaded Trev to change it to 3-1-4-2 for the Thames Albion match and we have played much better since then...because the wide midfielders are no longer wing-backs. The holding midfield player drops in and makes it 4-4-2. If you play left midfield now, it's just like playing in a 4-4-2.
Steve Cokell's playing well at the moment though !

Ain't got a problem wiv that at all gareth bale
I shal b if required

Laurence
Smithy g
That was when we were playing 3-4-1-2. That's when the wide midfielders end up as wing-backs.
I persuaded Trev to change it to 3-1-4-2 for the Thames Albion match and we have played much better since then...because the wide midfielders are no longer wing-backs. The holding midfield player drops in and makes it 4-4-2. If you play left midfield now, it's just like playing in a 4-4-2.
Steve Cokell's playing well at the moment though !

Lol - not that they might be bothered....but why give away our tactics to the oppo!!??

stu
Lol - not that they might be bothered....but why give away our tactics to the oppo!!??
I was trying not to, but...You Tube ?!
They can get far more ideas from there anyway.

I may not be able to let players know until tomorrow (Friday) whether they are in the squad or not.
I am trying to contact Trevor and Stuart to see who is actually picking the squad (and who is supposed to be Manager on Sunday), but they are too busy with work & family commitments at the moment.

We definitely need Conor to make up his mind today whether he is prepared to walk and get a train or not, and we also need Dean to get in touch and let us know whether he is available this Sunday and if he can afford to pay his subs or not. He didn't turn up to training last night and is not answering his phone.
Once we know what Conor & Dean are doing...and Trev & Stuart get in touch with me, it will be easier to pick the squad.

Lee, Colin, Smithy, Kizza, Olie & Chas are all available as far as I know, and Tem & Warmers might be as well, but we don't know how many of them we can name in the squad at the moment because of Conor & Dean.

If you want me to put on a disguise I will.

I am available.

Yep am available!

Also can someone let me know exactly how much i owe for subs and training the other week so i can sort it for sunday, cheers chas.

Rob be manager for the day u hav the coat

Chas Dryden
Yep am available!

Also can someone let me know exactly how much i owe for subs and training the other week so i can sort it for sunday, cheers chas.
£3.00 for training and I would say £10.00 for Annual Subs at the moment with a possible increase to £15.00 or £20.00 depending how many games you play. That will be at Trev's discretion when he comes back from Australia in mid-January.

Smithy g
Rob be manager for the day u hav the coat
Being serious here...I think it's a good idea, or at least Assistant Manager and organising substitutions if whoever is Manager is playing (which is likely).

I have read through both the League and London F.A. handbooks and there is no mention whatsoever in either of them of suspended players being 'banned' from Managing the team.
It would be impossible to enforce in Sunday football anyway. How could they stop a suspended player standing on a touchline shouting orders in a public park ?
Obviously in Professional/Semi-Pro football it's different. A suspended Manager sits in the stand...and barks out orders.

I'll add my weight to the idea of Rob managing for the day - I think it would help us loads to have someone on the sidelines who can make subs, and give us a teamtalk.

What do you reckon Rob?

Barney
I'll add my weight to the idea of Rob managing for the day - I think it would help us loads to have someone on the sidelines who can make subs, and give us a teamtalk.

What do you reckon Rob?
I e-mailed Rob about this but he hasn't replied. Pretty much the same as most of our players at the moment, which is why I can't name a squad and let Smithy know if he's playing or not...and this Forum is knackered.
Big gap at the top of each message posted, very slow loading pages and smilies not working. Bravenet don't know what's wrong apparently.

I'll just have to phone people from the gantry at Ebbsfleet tomorrow with the PA blaring out Neds Atomic Dustbin, Girls Aloud and other such crap.

I will bring my Capello cap and my Maclaren umbrella.

Smithy, you're sub.

Rob
What about Trev's Jedi Master cloak ?

Laurence
Rob
What about Trev's Jedi Master cloak ?

Leave it out Lau! I don't want to look a complete twat!

Stuart & Rob are currently sorting out the squad by e-mail (and trying to get Conor there on Sunday by some means ?).
Hopefully one of them can post the squad on here once it is finalised ?
It is up to them whether they want to name more than 14 players.

Please phone Stuart (07947 135729) if you need to know whether you are in the squad.
Please phone me if you need any other information about the match/the venue.
Please phone me, Loveday or Terry Moore if you need a lift on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure that Ebsfleet do not play Ned's from the PA system, but, I'm sure that they do play 'Rare Dawn Groove Punk Funk Mutha Fucka Acid Style Sax Jazz' which is why no cunt goes to watch them......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lecytazY6n4&feature=related

Remind you of anyone...

squad as follows chaps....

jacko
me
barney
loveday
warmers
moore
hagan
brown t
cokell
lexton
magoo
smithy
leeking
dean
kizza

on standby pls
colin, ollie, chas

give me a shout if any problem

To all the squad an management thought at
Times our football was excellent
Today and we showed good spirit
And character to get bak into
The game today an didn't deserve wot we
Got let's take this wot we showed today into
The 2nd half of the season a lads
Well dun

Could somebody please translate the 'chav' language for me. Super thanks.

Seliously, I agree with all Smithy says, but I still think we lack a bit of hassle, bite, nastiness, the reason the ref gave the goal was all the bollox the other team gave him, would we have done that?

I've just come in from a day on the beach - it is 28 centigrade here.

I read the report and spoke to Laurence on skype and it seems as if we played well particularly in the second half. At least I can watch the highlights.

Well played everyone.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

That's wot I love about u jack Fuck all
One week ur really gonna
Shock us and call for the ball
And actually catch it instead
Of it goin over ur head yet again

1 2