THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training This Wednesday (1st December)

Just a warning that if it snows before Wednesday evening and settles, then training at the Southgate Hockey Centre will most likely be called off, especially if it is still below freezing and the snow then turns to ice once players start running around on it.
I know it's supposed to be an 'all-weather' pitch, but I doubt whether the SHC will have staff available to sweep the snow off it. We won't be charged for the pitch if that's the case. It will be their decision to call it off (for Health & Safety/Insurance reasons), not ours.

This is what happened the last time we trained on an Astroturf at the Southbury Leisure Centre about 6 years ago and snow stopped us using it.

Re: Training This Wednesday (1st December)

What a bunch of Fish Mittens !!!!!

Message just received from the Southgate Hockey Centre...

The pitches are covered in snow and little prospect of a thaw this week.
I therefore expect all use to be cancelled this week.
I will confirm cancellation on a daily basis, before 12 noon each day.
You will receive a credit for the cancellation.

I will text everybody tomorrow afternoon who normally goes training as soon as I hear what is happening.

No snow here in Edmonton. What little there was has now all melted and the temperature is well above freezing.

The Southgate Hockey Centre have just confirmed that there is still snow on their Astroturfs, so training is now definitely OFF tonight.

Can players who normally go training please post a message here that they have seen this ?

I will text everybody else later.

Read and understood.

seen it.

Seen it, but I think its total bollox, it is not freezing and if you run on what little snow is left it will be gone in about 3 mins..............

Seen

Jacko
Seen it, but I think its total bollox, it is not freezing and if you run on what little snow is left it will be gone in about 3 mins..............
It is freezing actually. It's -1c outside my house at the moment.

What I find hard to believe is that there is 'loads' of snow on the pitch. We have got no snow whatsoever in Edmonton. The Southgate Hockey Centre is not that far away !

There are patches of snow on our lawn in Winchmore Hill / Palmers Green, so quite possible that it's covered.

I thought for the £50+ an hour that we are paying, we'd get undersoil heating...