THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Flamstead End Match - Sunday 5th December

Please note that we are now playing at HOME to Flamstead End in Division One this coming Sunday (as a re-arrangement of yesterday's postponed match) instead of playing Away to them in the League Challenge Cup.
This is because of County Cup matches being postponed yesterday and having to be re-arranged on Flamstead End's pitch.
The League Challenge Cup match against them will now be played some time in January.

The only player unavailable for this Sunday at the moment is the suspended Rob Brown, but there may be others for all we know.
Trevor would like to name a definite squad of 15 (not including a sub keeper) after training on Wednesday night, so we need to know in the meantime if any of the following players are unavailable: (If they don't reply by Wednesday night, then we will assume that they are available for selection).
Simon Jackson (GK)
Stuart Dorward
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Dean Assiamah
Danny Hagan
Terry Brown
(or is he working again ?)
Steve Cokell
Conor McGovern
Lexton Harrison
(or is it a long-term injury he has got ?)
Lee King
Tony King
Chas Dryden
Olie Tedder
Colin Bester
Tom Watts
(who doesn't appear to have a Futsal match this Sunday according to this ?)
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo (although he appears to be jetting off abroad somewhere from what I have just read on Facebook...and the last text he sent me seemed to be saying he would still be injured for this Sunday ?)

Other players have not been mentioned because they can't come training and are only prepared to come along and play if they are in the starting line-up...so it appears. If that is not the case, then please phone Trevor and discuss !

On Sunday just gone, we would have fielded a bare eleven (including me !) because numerous players all presumably took a gamble that the game was going to be off frozen pitch and decided on Saturday evening that they would work or stay in bed instead.
Obviously with the weather the way it is at the moment there is nothing we can really do about that. It's just human nature. Hopefully we can still find eleven players willing to commit themselves for another Sunday morning pitch inspection by the Referee, which is going to be the most likely scenario unless it snows heavily during the week and Enfield Council call it off on Friday...as was the case on several occasions last season.

Re: Squad for Flamstead End Match - Sunday 5th December

Available

Laurence
Obviously with the weather the way it is at the moment there is nothing we can really do about that. It's just human nature.

I thought it was mother nature? Or are you talking the human effect on global warming? Hee hee

Darryl
Laurence
Obviously with the weather the way it is at the moment there is nothing we can really do about that. It's just human nature.

I thought it was mother nature? Or are you talking the human effect on global warming? Hee hee
No. I meant human nature (as in players not wanting to turn up when they 'know' the game is going to be off).
Just badly worded.

poorly worded.Available

There is now one centimetre of snow on the pitch (probably....as that is how much is in my back garden in Edmonton at the moment).
That amount will quite likely be enough for Enfield Council to call all matches off either this afternoon or sometime tomorrow (Friday) going by what they did on numerous occasions last season, so I don't think there is any point in naming a definite squad at all to be honest.

I am supposed to be filming Ebbsfleet v. Thurrock on Saturday, but that game will almost certainly be off because they have well over a foot of snow on the pitch over there.
That means I will be in all day on Saturday, so if by some miracle Enfield Council do not call our game off, then I will spend all day on Saturday phoning and texting players in order to scrape up eleven who have not already planned to do something else and are willing to turn up for a Referee's pitch inspection on Sunday morning.

As I said previously, there is then a strong chance that the game will be on, as it is supposed to be well above freezing on Saturday and then not go below freezing again on Saturday night.

That's the situation at the moment.

Again, if players already know that they are definitely NOT available for this Sunday, please let us know NOW !

As I predicted...GAME OFF...already !

Please post here that you have seen this message (to save me having to text everybody).

Lol,

We have a London Cup game over Enfield Playing Fields - what are the chances of it being on?

John Beasley
Lol,

We have a London Cup game over Enfield Playing Fields - what are the chances of it being on?
It's off.
They have called every pitch in the Borough off already.

Enfield Crusaders are a good side nowadays by the way. (Cheshunt Sunday in disguise). Good luck whenever you play them.

seen.

Che un mucchio di fascine, cazzo!!

Seen

Hardly anybody has replied to this or the e-mail I sent out yesterday that the game is off (including Trev !), so I'll just assume that everybody is too busy Xmas shopping/covering for work colleagues who have been 'snowed-in'...or are throwing a sickie/can't be arsed about Rovers at the moment anyway.

I am not going to bother texting those who never come on here or never check their e-mails.
I'll just assume that common sense will prevail and that they won't be texting me on Sunday morning asking 'Where's the match ?'.

I can confirm that I am aware that the game is postponed.

aware