THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Flamstead End (Div. One- Home) Match - 28.11.10

Our next match this coming Sunday is at Hazelwood when we play at Home to Flamstead End in a Division One match.

We have 13 players available at the moment who are as follows, although some may be subject to fitness tests:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Rob Brown
Dean Assiamah
Danny Hagan
Terry Brown
Steve Cokell
Conor McGovern
Lexton Harrison
Lee King
Olie Tedder

Stuart Dorward is definitely unavailable as he is 'entertaining clients' at Spurs, but we don't know about the following players' availability at the moment:
Tony King ...Might have other commitments ?
Danny Smith ...Working again ?
Andrew Warmerdam ...Family Commitments again ?
Jim Arrowsmith ...Family Commitments again ?
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo ...If he has stitches out
Tem Adil ...Working again ? / Not fit
Tom Watts ...Needs to put a photo through my door before Wednesday morning in order to be registered in time.
Colin Bester ...Will be registered for this Sunday if needed.
Chas Dryden ...Will be registered for this Sunday if needed.

In addition to the numerous injuries picked up in our match against Charlton United (or in work 5-a-side matches ), we also have several players now owing well over £25.00 in subs...or at least they will be if they attend training this Wednesday and don't pay. That means they should be left out if we have got enough players available who do not owe over that amount.

We therefore probably won't be able to name a definite squad until Thursday morning. Can players therefore please advise us of their availability in the meantime ?

Finally, I need a volunteer to help me open up and put the nets up. Tony King did it last time and he may not be playing this Sunday anyway, while Loveday or Terry (Moore) might have to pick up Lexton, Lee & Dean.

Re: Squad for Flamstead End (Div. One- Home) Match - 28.11.10

Hoping to be OK, got treatment booked for most of the week, iced all y'day afternoon.

Will confirm after training on Wednesday, which I will definitely be attending.

Available

Available

Available

Available

Following training last night (where we had another decent turnout of 10 including me), the situation for this Sunday is as follows:

Firstly, the weather ! ...The current forecasts say there might be a bit of snow but it probably won't settle in the London area. The problem is a possible frozen pitch because the temperature will be about -3 overnight tonight, Friday night & Saturday night, but only about 2 degrees above zero during the day...which at Hazelwood normally means that frozen pitches do not thaw out until about mid-day, even with the sun on it.
Yes, it's one of those situations where players have to travel all the way from Leigh-On-Sea or wherever for a Referee's pitch inspection at 10.00.a.m., and if they don't and just stay in bed but our opponents do turn up, then we lose the points whether the pitch is playable or not. (Some of our players will remember that match Away to East Herts a couple of seasons ago when that happened).

The next problem is that we now only have a bare eleven 'definitely' available, including Olie, who is currently in Portugal having watched Arsenal lose over there. He gets back on Friday.
Loveday is still unavailable due to family commitments and we won't know until the morning of the match if he will be able to play...and that would only be if we are short, while Lexton missed training last night because he 'is injured', but I have no idea how serious that is. 'Somebody' will have to phone him before Sunday and find out, as he doesn't read this Forum.

As for everybody else...
Tom Watts, Colin Bester & Chas Dryden are now all registered, but Tom is now playing Futsal for FC Enfield on Sunday mornings and will only be training with us, not playing in matches, while Colin is working this Sunday (and also picked up an injury at training last night). Chas might be available this Sunday though...we will find out when Olie gets back...but he will need a few more training sessions before he can be put in the starting line-up against the likes of Flamstead End I think !
Danny Smith told Trev yesterday that he will only come along and play if he is in the starting line-up, otherwise he will work on Sundays. I know that sounds bad, but I can fully understand that attitude. We will always have that situation with players at this time of year, and the same probably applies to Warmers, Jim & Paul Duffy as well.
We have 11 players for this Sunday at the moment, so we will just have to accept that coming along and going sub will just be a total waste of time for them when they have work & family commitments on Sundays.

That leaves us with Tony King, who I don't think can let us know until Saturday whether he can play or not (due to social commitments ?), Tem Adil, who is in the same position as Tony and won't be able to let us know until Saturday evening if he is working on Sunday or not, and Kizza, who has not played for the last two weeks because of 'broken fingers and stitches in a gashed face'. (I have no idea how he did that !). Again, he won't be able to let us know until Saturday afternoon/evening if he can play or not.

As for players owing over £25.00 in subs, it looks like we are going to have to let them get away with it because we won't be able to field eleven men otherwise. Totally wrong I know, but if loads of you who have paid up-to-date don't want to play because of other commitments, you only have yourselves to blame.

Basically, everything will have to be sorted out on Saturday afternoon/evening with loads of phone calls and texts...but I will be filming Sutton v. Wealdstone and will not be able to do any of that myself.

Am available for sunday so is chas. If chas is needed is there any chance somebody coming from the cheshunt way could pick him up as he lives out that way, if not ill pick him up no problem just makes my travelling bit easier

Cheers.

oh and by the way forget braga dont matter we will be picking trophy up at wembley in may so happy days

Doubt whether anybody will see this as late as this, but the situation at the moment (10.00.p.m. Saturday night) is that due to loads of drop-outs, our team for tomorrow is probably now going to be as follows (subject to the Ref not calling it off frozen pitch):
Jacko (GK); Olie (RB), Barney (SW), Terry Moore (CH), Cokell (LB); Chas Dryden (RM), Dean (CM), Hagan (CM), Me ! (LM); Conor (CF), Lee King (CF)
Subs...None.

The above is also reliant on Terry Moore picking up Lee & Dean, Olie driving up to Cheshunt to pick up Chas, and Conor not getting stuck in a snow-drift in Leigh-On-Sea. I just drove back from Sutton and there were cars coming down the A13 from Essex with a lot of snow on their roofs !

I would urge all registered players who see this who might be able to play 'at the last minute' to give myself or Trevor a phone on our mobiles at about 9.45.a.m. to see what the Ref's decision is. Even if they can get there for the Second Half only, that will be better than me having to play a full match.
We also ideally need Olie & Chas to be subs, not starting, so there are basically three places in the starting line-up for grabs. Please make an effort if you can, and don't just sit there at home doing nothing thinking that the game will 'definitely' be off !

Wait a minute, why is my place up for grabs when ive declared myself available and someone else who has left it till saturday evening/sunday morning to make themself available jumps in ahead of me!! fair enough i didnt come training this week and if the person went training on wednesday and they get ahead of me then fair enough but somebody who hardly turns up to training and is just a registered player is unfair.

I have turned up to most training sessions and to most games, am i in the wrong here or something??!!!

Olie
Wait a minute, why is my place up for grabs when ive declared myself available and someone else who has left it till saturday evening/sunday morning to make themself available jumps in ahead of me!! fair enough i didnt come training this week and if the person went training on wednesday and they get ahead of me then fair enough but somebody who hardly turns up to training and is just a registered player is unfair.

I have turned up to most training sessions and to most games, am i in the wrong here or something??!!!
Fitness. Nothing more than that.
If you (and Trev) think you are fit enough to play a full 90 minutes ahead of better players who don't come training and only want to come along and play if they are put in the starting line-up, then fine and I agree with you.

I have just got up and the temperature outside is -5C, so it will probably all be irrelevant this week anyway.