THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Club Website - More Pages Updated

Latest Club News now done. (Includes details of Cup Draws).

League Tables page now done.
I have used embedding code from the Full-Time site for this, and I think you'll all agree (especially Jim !) that it is a lot better than pissing about with the drop-down menus on the Full-Time site to try and find the Division One table and the fixtures & results from our Division.
I will re-design the League website like that in due course now I know how to do it.

New pictures of myself & Trevor on the Management Committee page. The previous one of Trev on there was taken about 10 years ago !

I'll have more pages updated by this Sunday and will post the links on here as soon as they are done.

Re: Club Website - More Pages Updated

Links Page now done.
If any current or former Rovers players want their companies featured (for free) on the Links page, e-mail me a logo and the website link.

Also, I have added some images to the Club Information page...to try and make it a bit less 'boring' .
Scroll down to the bottom of that page and you will see a photo taken on one of our Club Tours in the 90's. Believe it or not, that is not a wig Conor is wearing !

Club History now done.

All-Time First Team Appearances now done.
Barney is currently on 99 !

More pages done...

All-Time First Team Goalscorers

All-Time Disciplinary Records ...Danny Hagan has got some way to go yet before he reaches the top !

Club Honours

Club Records

More pages done...

All-Time Reserve Team Appearances

All-Time Reserve Team Goalscorers

Greats Of The Past
If any of the players listed in the Greats Of The Past section want their profiles updated with what they are up to nowadays, just send me an e-mail.

More pages done...

End-Of-Season Awards

Club Video History
If you read the bit on this page about when we were regularly featured on BBC Radio 5 in the early-90's and were interviewed every Sunday by Mariella Frostrup, I have a tape recording of all those programmes...including the one when 'Willie' Platt said 'Allo My Darlin'.
I tried to create an audio file of it to attach it to that page as a link, but couldn't get it to record properly. It's just totally distorted and a load of noise. Not sure whether it's the tape itself or Windows Sound Recorder not interacting properly with my ION Tape2PC cassette deck, but I'll keep experimenting with it and try and get the recordings online as soon as I can.

I'm not looking forward to listening to myself on the radio again after all these years. I bet I made a right prat of myself !

I have now sorted out that Mariella Frostrup recording and it can be downloaded as an MP3 from here.

The audio file is 30 minutes long and her interview with 'Willie' can be heard from about 17:50.

In addition to Mariella Frostrup, you will also hear me in conversation with the likes of Russell Grant and Max Clifford !
Those were the days, eh ? Fame and fortune !

Just listened to the MP3 and Emma commented that Laurence sounded like a mixture of an idiot abroad (Karl Pilkington) and Alan Titchmarsh, Well she was half right I guess.
Although in fairness she did say that Laurence was very good.

Loveday
Just listened to the MP3 and Emma commented that Laurence sounded like a mixture of an idiot abroad (Karl Pilkington) and Alan Titchmarsh, Well she was half right I guess.
Although in fairness she did say that Laurence was very good.
I listened to it all myself today for the first time in 16 years and was quite pleased how it came out. I didn't make as much of a fool of myself as I first feared.
I was well confused by Russell Grant's tarot cards thing though. That was the only time when I didn't know what to say. I needed to see what was happening, but of course it was a radio interview !

Two more pages done...

Player Comparisons (with Professional players)
If anybody has any ideas of lookalikes for any of our current players, I will add them to the list. (Terry Moore - Kenny Jackett is one I have just added).

Funniest Forum Threads
I have added the three that Jacko has reminded us of recently. If he (or anybody else) finds any other classics like that, let me know and I will add them to the list.
I have just been pissing myself laughing at Junior's reply to Oz's message on this one.

African E-Mails Pages now done.

Also, a couple of new items on the Latest Club News page.