THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side - Thursday 12th August (8.00.p.m.)

This coming Thursday night we are supposed to be playing Emerald Rovers at 8.00.p.m. but they failed to turn up last week and have also dropped out of the Monday Night League, so at the moment I don't know what's going on.

All we can do is pick a squad (of 8) for the time being, but if we are not playing a match, then we can use the Astroturf (half-pitch) for a one-hour training session instead. In fact, we could book it from say 7.30.p.m. (because there is only ever one match kicking-off at 7.00.p.m.), then have a 90-minute session. We should easily be able to get 14 over there for a 2/3-touch 7-a-side between ourselves, but we will need a bit of notice so that we can inform players who have not initially been picked for the match. I have asked the Southgate Hockey Centre to try and find out asap what Emerald Rovers are doing.

At the moment, the squad if we play Emerald Rovers this Thursday night is as follows:
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Terry Moore
Olie Tedder
(If he can get there without Danny Hagan ?)
Rob Brown (If available)
Danny Smith (If available and committed to signing up)
Jamie Martin (If available)
2 mates of Oz's who are supposed to be quality players (ex-Waltham Abbey ?) and interested in joining.

Most of the players above have missed (or will be missing) matches and training recently so they need the extra fitness, or I need to get them signed up.
If any of the above cannot play, then Steve Sivathasan is available, but I only want him playing if he is prepared to play for us in Pre-Season Friendlies on Sundays instead of joining Churchbury.
After that, the replacements will be either (in a rough order of preference) Alan Barnard, Danny Hagan, Tony King, Daniel Daley, Lee King, Dean Assiamah, Jim Arrowsmith, Tem Adil and Simon Jackson (if Oz cannot play).
As far as I know, nobody else is available, are too unreliable, or do not have Astroturf boots (in Lexton's case ! )

If you are named in that 8-man squad, please confirm your availability asap.

Re: 7-a-Side - Thursday 12th August (8.00.p.m.)

I forgot to mention Loveday as another replacement if needed.

i wont be there regardless lol im going to play in a friendly for crouch end vamps

Sorry cant make it this week due to work.

O.K., Barney is now in the squad instead of Olie.

I have not heard from anybody else in the squad whatsoever, so it looks like I will be texting them all (as usual).

Sorry, cannot play this Thurs due to a family birthday. Unfortunately that will invariably mean that Jamie will not be able to get there either.

I am also struggling to play this Sunday again due to an overnight stay for a mates party. If I can get my missus up and out of bed early then I will make it in time but not guaranteeing it. I would suggest pick the squad and I'll make it as a 17th man if poss.

I will def be available next Thursday and next Sunday.

Everybody who I originally named in the squad has now dropped out...apart from Terry Moore !

Danny Smith is still on holiday and does not get back until Sunday night, and now Oz has decided to go away on holiday from tomorrow onwards for 9 days, therefore meaning that these prospective new players he has will not be coming along until after the registration deadline has passed.

We now appear to have only 10 players left to choose from for tomorrow night, namely:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Jim Arrowsmith
Tony King
Daniel Daley
Tem Adil
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Martin Loveday

However, most of them may well have already planned to do other things.

At the moment, Loveday is the only one who has said he doesn't mind being left out, so I will therefore text the other nine this afternoon and tell them they are all now playing. (That's apart from Terry, who has already said he is playing).

I still have no idea whether Emerald Rovers are going to turn up or not. I can't get any answer from the SHC or Steve Wildgoose. Must be on holiday ?
If they don't turn up though, we won't be able to have training now as we won't have enough to make it worthwhile.

complete bollox

we only really need 4/5 people for a good 45mins shooting practice etc.

Daley and Dean can't play, while Jim is working in Germany this week and doesn't know if he will be back in time.
I have had no reply yet from Tony King, Tem or Loveday, so at the moment we have only got 4 players (Jacko, Barney, Terry Moore & Lee King).

If anybody else can play, please let me know.

Jacko
complete bollox

we only really need 4/5 people for a good 45mins shooting practice etc.

I don't mind that if the others are up for it.

I think we all know what's going to happen. I spend hours scraping up a squad of 8, then we get there and Emerald Rovers don't turn up.
Some of those 8 will then 'have to' go home straight away to earn brownie points, play netball or watch Eastenders, leaving 3 players including Jacko to do some training.

Happy to play if they do turn up, happy to hit wild shots at Jacko for an hour if they don't turn up, happy to bring along some netball posts and help everyone practice their shooting if you think that'll benefit us, Lol?

I'll be there for the match / training. The ankle is still not 100% though.

We are now up to 5 players then, and I will play if necessary to make 6.
Can we get Gavin Mardell to play ?
That would make 7, then if Tony & Loveday get in touch and say they can play, I will drop out and we will have 8.

Tem...can you give Lee a lift ?

I'm away for 2 weeks so do not know what's happening.

I would much rather not play but can if really required. I might not get there till about 5 - 10 past though.

Still no sign of anybody else volunteering to play.
Tony is obviously very busy at work again, and it probably needs Barney to get Gavin to play.

Trev has played before though...glasses or not !
I think he is going to have to bring his boots and shinpads again.

Put me in for 8th man i will definately be there but like i say may be 5 - 10 minutes late. I will turn up changed and will just need a shirt.

Tem has now dropped out with a toe injury...and he was supposed to be picking Lee up.
I will have to do that now (I'll text him later), but we still only have 6 including me and Loveday.
Trev is now going to have to play.

FINGER ME!!!!

I've given Gav a shout via text to see if he'll play - not heard back yet, but I'll update this as soon as I know...

Cheers
Barney

Barney
I've given Gav a shout via text to see if he'll play - not heard back yet, but I'll update this as soon as I know...

Cheers
Barney
Any chance of getting Aaron Illsley as well ?

Lex can wear my astro boots if he wants and I'll wear running trainers????

But I'm too busy updating websites and editing videos to call him.

Check out this rare groove punk mutha fucka tune I found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsPOJyG2dQ8

Jacko
Lex can wear my astro boots if he wants and I'll wear running trainers????

But I'm too busy updating websites and editing videos to call him.
We have got a spare pair of Astro boots (and shinpads) in the kit bag because somebody (probably Joe Ansell or Terry Brown) left them behind after that first Pre-Season Training session we had and have not turned up since then to claim them.

They are probably a size too small for Lex though, any anyway he can't get off work in time, doesn't drive and won't be able to get there.

3 comments:

1. Gav can't play.
2. Aaron Illsey is Jim's mate, not mine - you probably have a number for him Lol, I don't.
3. Jacko - that's genius mate... truly a "rare groove punk mutha fucka" tune. Finger me!

Cheers
Barney

I don't have a number for Aaron Illsley.
Let's just hope that Jim gets back from Germany and that Tony King gets out of work, otherwise it's Trev playing.

Tony is definitely not playing. Presumably working late.

Not too bad now.
Loveday says he can get there for the kick-off and Trev has got a mate of his from work to play.
We have 7 including me and Trev will only have to play when I pull a hamstring.