THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For 7-a-Side This Thursday (5th August...8.00.p.m.)

There is no training at 7-a-side this Thursday because the Hockey Centre have a Tournament on and they are using the grass field as a campsite during the week.
We are therefore playing our 7-a-side match only (against League leaders Wood Green Old Boys)and the game kicks-off at 8.00.p.m.

Trevor sort of 'half-named' a squad yesterday morning while we were waiting in vain for people to turn up to training, and he has since only e-mailed me the squad for Sunday's friendly and forgotten to confirm who he wants for 7-a-side.
At the moment I will take a rough guess and say it is as follows:
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Hagan
Dean Assiamah
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Julian Carvey

Trevor will need to come on here and confirm that, and he will probably need to explain why certain players have been left out and certain 'unreliables' have been included. (Not my job).

Re: Squad For 7-a-Side This Thursday (5th August...8.00.p.m.)

I'm around if you need me.

I'm afraid I can't make this Thursday, as I already have plans for the evening.

Cheers
Barney

Ok, I assume I'm not required and will arrange something else.

Sorry everyone. Been massively busy trying to do the League website. I am still up at 12.30.a.m. !

We only have one player out of the 8 named who has confirmed his availability so far, namely Jim.
Barney & Terry Moore are definitely not playing due to other commitments.

Daley has phoned me and says he can play if needed.
Kizza e-mailed Trev and said he would let him know yesterday. I don't know whether he did or not.
Also, I think Kizza said Julian might be working ?
Danny Hagan has confirmed his availability for Sunday, but not for Thursday (yet).
I have not heard from Oz or Dean, so I am going to have to text/Facebook message them and arrange for Dean to get a lift (if he is playing).

I am at a League Meeting in the evening (Wednesday) so I will spend most of the day texting people....as they are not going to post on here obviously.

If 'everybody' had turned up to training on Sunday, we would have sorted it out then, but now it's a mess.

Kizza and Julian are not playing. I also tried Rob Brown but he can't play either.
However, I have got in touch with a few others and we now have a squad of 7 which is:
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Martin Loveday
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Hagan
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Daniel Daley

I have told Oz to try and get Steve Sivathasan to play and make the squad up to 8 (if he has not 'definitely' joined Churchbury).