THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Pre-Season Friendly v. Larsens (Sunday 8th August)

This coming Sunday sees us playing Premier Division side Larsens in a Pre-Season Friendly on the grass pitch at the Southgate Hockey Centre (where we play 7-a-side on Thursday nights).
It is a 10.30.a.m. kick-off, so all players MUST be there at the pavilion/clubhouse and be ready to go in and get changed by 10.00.a.m.
We want to be a bit more organised this season and do 15-20 minutes of properly-organised warm-ups like every other team in our Division does (assuming Barney and/or Jacko are willing to supervise that...as nobody else knows what the hell they are doing !?)

As for the squad, Trevor has e-mailed me with the following instructions:
'It is too early to name a squad yet. I think you should name everyone listed as being available 'as far as we are aware' and ask them to confirm. Preference will then be given to those that came training this morning and those that have paid their annual subs. Hopefully, more people will pay their subs during the week.'

So, here goes:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Jim Arrowsmith
Olie Tedder
Lexton Harrison
Steve Sivathasan
Tony King
Tem Adil
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Steve Cokell
Terry Brown
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Julian Carvey
Daniel Daley
Jamie Martin

As Trev says, if you are listed above, please confirm your availability asap, either by posting a message here (preferably), e-mailing me, texting me (my number is 07949 128505 for the new players that dont have it) or send me a message on Facebook.

Re: Squad For Pre-Season Friendly v. Larsens (Sunday 8th August)

By the way, Steve has already signed for Churchbury (in the bottom Division) by the look of this !

Available

Should be fine for this - my shoulder is still a bit dodgy from 7-a-side the other week, but with another few days rest, it should be OK.

Cheers
Barney

Available,

"Preference will then be given to those that came training this morning and those that have paid their annual subs." .............. or those that came training on Thursday and stated that would not be available on Sunday for training...

Suffering from a twisted ankle at the mo so I'm 50-50. Defo out for thursday. Will keep you informed

Available

Only 8 players have confirmed their availability so far. These are:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Lexton Harrison
Danny Hagan
Tony King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Daniel Daley

Tem Adil & Rob Brown are both 50/50 at the moment due to injury & family commitments respectively. Rob won't know until Saturday afternoon/evening if he can play or not.
Julian Carvey is definitely not playing, but I haven't heard from anybody else.

I will see several players at 7-a-side tomorrow night who are yet to confirm and I will chase up the rest by text on Friday if we don't hear from them before then.
Ideally we want a squad of 15-16 with roll-on, roll-off subs.

I though i confirmed on Sunday but i am available.

Loveday
I though i confirmed on Sunday but i am available.
Probably did, but I didn't write it down...so I then forget.

Yeh I thought I confirmed on sunday aswell, will be there.

We now have 12 'definite' players and they are as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Olie Tedder
Martin Loveday
Jim Arrowsmith
Tony King
Danny Hagan
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Daniel Daley

We then have Rob Brown making a decision on Saturday evening, Lexton Harrison not sure if he is fit enough and Tem Adil '50/50' because of an ankle injury, while we have not heard from Terry Brown, Jamie Martin or Steve Cokell.
(I have texted Terry & Steve and am awaiting their replies).

Danny Smith, Stuart Dorward, Conor McGovern & Darryl Johnson are all away/on holiday and Julian Carvey is working.
I don't know where Robin Pryke or Joe Ansell are. It's up to them to get in touch if they want to play this season.

Steve Sivathasan played 7-a-side last night and said he is yet to decide whether to join us or Churchbury. He has signed a registration form for them and they have put him on their website but he has not given them a photo yet. That means he is not yet registered with the League so we can hopefully get in first !
Steve is one of numerous Sunday League players who will be training and playing in Pre-Season Friendlies for different clubs at this time of year. It's quite common and it's not only in professional football where several clubs are battling for a good player's signature !
Hopefully Steve will make a decision before Sunday and play for us against Larsens. He also has an ex-team-mate from the Harlow Sunday League Premier Division side he was playing for who will join us if he does. They played Larsens in the Essex County Cup last season and beat them !

That's the situation at the moment.

Terry Brown is playing for Wormley Rovers Saturday side tomorrow and will see how he is fitness-wise after that and play for us on Sunday if needed.

I did tell you by text but i'm not available this sunday or next,was meant to move house this weekend but it is now changed to next weekend.

Just a warning that we still only have 12 players for this match...including some who are playing today, so we really could do with finding a couple more and getting 14 over there at least.

It will be roll-on, roll-off subs and everybody will get at least 60 minutes.

Julian cant play tomorrow but il be there.

i be there with lee and dean low i might be bring another mate on thursday becoz he cant make it tommorow c u then

Lexton is playing, but Tem (still injured) and Rob (family commitments) are not.

I have not heard from Terry Brown, so that presumably means Jamie Martin is not playing ? Neither of them drive so they can't get there if Rob is not playing.

Oz didn't mention Steve Sivathasan, so I presume he is playing for Churchbury tomorrow.

That means we have 13...plus Oz.
Can we have absolutely nobody dropping out please ?!