THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pre-Season Training at 7-a-side NEXT Thursday (29th July)...DEFINITELY !

I can now confirm that we are definitely having another training session on the grass at the Southgate Hockey Centre this coming Thursday before our 7-a-side match (against Locomotive Southgate) kicks-off at 9.00.p.m.

We want everybody there at 7.30.p.m. if possible...or as soon as they can get there if they are working late.
That will give us time to get organised into smaller groups, pay subs (including £25.00 Annual Subs...it will go up to £30 if you have not paid by the 1st August), give me photos, sign registration forms and have a proper warm-up before we start on any proper drills and ballwork.

We have agreed to pay £40.00 to use the grass pitch and we have to pay a £10.00 deposit to un-padlock one of the full-size goals for shooting practice.
A full-size pitch has also been marked out, so it is imperative that either Jacko or Darryl turns up so that we have a proper keeper for shooting practice (and other drills where having a full-size goal on a marked-out grass pitch is vital).

We are not going to get this opportunity again because it will be too dark to book the grass field for training after 8.00.p.m. in August, so we MUST make the most of it.
Absolutely NO feeble 'working late' and/or 'babysitting' excuses please !

At the moment, the only players that are definitely unavailable (as far as I know) are:
Alan Barnard (On Holiday)
Daniel Daley (Working Late Shift)
Conor McGovern (Still Injured / Lives in Leigh-On-Sea)
Steve Cokell (Playing 5-a-side...as always on Thursdays)
Hopefully the various players who train with Saturday clubs on Thursday nights might attend our session instead just for this week ?
It is unlikely that we will be able to have any more Thursday night training sessions unless Boca Sovereign (who we are due to be playing on the 26th August) drop out/don't turn up again. If that happens, we would train on the Astroturf for an hour on that date.

If they have not already told me, can I have some feedback from players regarding their availability for training this coming Thursday so that we can get an idea of numbers ?
Please e-mail, text or phone me if you don't want to/can't post on here.

Re: Pre-Season Training at 7-a-side NEXT Thursday (29th July)...DEFINITELY !

low or trever i 2 players that want to join us for 11 side if u r intrested and its k with u i bring them along on thursdays trainning c u guys on thursday

I'll be there

ozel
low or trever i 2 players that want to join us for 11 side if u r intrested and its k with u i bring them along on thursdays trainning c u guys on thursday
Yes please. Bring them along.

Good job I have learnt text speak and Jafaican !

I'll be there, I'm pretty sure Jamie will be coming along too.

Will be there. Lee and Dean will most likely be coming along with me.

im goin away on friday so i dunno if im gonna be there i will try tho as the last training session was really good and that was with out a proppa goal so this week should be even better,providing rob an jamie sit out the shooting practice.

smithy
providing rob an jamie sit out the shooting practice.

Sorry mate, it's right foot shots only this week.

I received a text from Lexton that he will try to finish work early so that he can be there.

At the moment it looks like we should have a decent turn-out, although there are several players who have not actually said they are coming...I am just assuming they are !
These include Martin Loveday, Terry Moore, Danny Hagan, Scott Lewis, Robin Pryke, Lee King & Dean Assiamah.

Those who have told me they are definitely not coming but will try and come training on Sunday morning instead are: Stuart Dorward (Babysitting) & Olie Tedder (Working), while I presume that also applies to Daniel Daley (Working), Alan Barnard (On Holiday...but when is he back ?) and possibly Steve Cokell & Conor McGovern as well ?

Although those players have genuine excuses for missing Thursday night's session, I think it might be fair to everyone if we charge everybody who turns up to training either on Thursday or Sunday £2.00 each, and if they turn up to both sessions they get one free.
Agreed ?

Jamie's said to me last night that he's nearly finished his antibiotics for his back injury and should be fully fit to play next week, Again I'm not available this week as have to work late but am available for all the coming friendly's .

Terence Trent Derby County Football Club

I will now be there tonight....prob for about 8.