THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 8th July...8.00.p.m.)

At the moment for our match against North London this coming Thursday night (8.00.p.m. kick-off), we have approximately 12-14 players who appear to be available, so it is once again very difficult to pick a squad of 8 from that and keep everybody happy.
The players who invariably volunteer to drop out so that we can give new players a game are Terry Moore, Alan Barnard, Martin Loveday & Jim Arrowsmith, therefore leaving us with no defenders !
All our prospective new players are forwards or attacking midfielders.

I spoke to Trevor yesterday and he definitely wants Dean Assiamah, Julian Carvey & Scott Lewis to play (if they are available), therefore meaning that Lee King, Kizza and Danny Hagan will all have to play as well, as they will be bringing these new players along.
That makes 6 outfield players including no defenders !
If we include Barney & Terry, then we will have to have a squad of 9, which is not really needed when we are playing a very poor side who we beat 9-1 last time. (Loveday is still on holiday btw).

We also have Rob Brown available this week and saying that Jamie Martin (another forward) wants to play, and there is also Jim Arrowsmith, Hassan Fikret (another mate of Lee King's and a good player apparently), and possibly Tem Adil (& mate), Stuart Dorward, Derek Dorward & Tony King as well.

Personally, I don't think we can ask everybody to turn up and then have a training session at 8.00.p.m. for any players not picked for the match...the reasons for that being as follows:

1) Too many players are dropping out on the day of the match because they are 'working late', and I think we all know that is going to happen again this Thursday. It's the weather for it !!!
We can't have a situation where we only have 10-12 turn up and 2 or 3 players are left having to train on their own.

2) Trevor says he wants to watch the 7-a-side match and will not supervise training, while Barney will want to play in the match and Jacko appears to be on holiday surfing in Newquay this week (from what he put on Facebook recently ?).
Barney & Jacko both know what they are doing as regards organising fitness drills, but I don't. I am a Club Secretary, not a Coach.

3) If Jacko is on holiday, then Olie Tedder will be in goal in the match and we will not have a keeper for shooting practice in training.

That's the situation at the moment.

In hindsight, it might have been better for us not to have entered the 7-a-side League this Summer and had training sessions on Thursday nights over there instead (like A.C. Varosi do). So far, we would have been able to have a 2/3-touch 5-a-side session every week at the very least.

Can I have players informing me of their availability for this Thursday today please, so that I can name a definite squad ?

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 8th July...8.00.p.m.)

I'd rather not play, as my hip still isn't right from a couple of weeks ago, so can I be left out please? I'm sure we shouldn't need more than 1 recognised defender for this game, and I reckon that others can fill in.

I'm sure Dan Hagan will be quite happy to see me not playing, after I nearly broke his leg last week

Cant play this week as i start work at 8pm.And its my last shift at work before i go on my holidays. Cheers

If there was any possibility of training I would prefer it but if we are short I will play and I can probably bring Jamie along as well. Let me know if we are short, even up to 6pm on Thursday I will still be available.

I'm available for this one if needed.

I will chase up players by text tomorrow and try and sort out a definite squad by tomorrow evening/Wednesday morning.

The squad for this Thursday is now as follows:
A.Keeper...from somewhere !!!
Rob Brown
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Scott Lewis
Dean Assiamah
Lee King
Jamie Martin

If any of those drop out...and no volunteering to drop out please !!!...then Tem Adil will be the first-choice replacement.

Jacko is indeed on holiday in Cornwall, so we need a goalkeeper from somewhere...otherwise it's me in goal, which will mean we will probably lose...even against a very poor side.

Kizza is training with Horsham (Ryman League side) on Thursday night, so I have also left Julian Carvey out even though Kizza's text suggests that Julian would still turn up of his own accord if needed.
Kizza said him (and Julian ?) will be available next Thursday though, so I will put them both in the squad then and leave others out. Seems a bit strange that he is not training with Horsham next Thursday as well !?
All Ryman League clubs train on Thursday nights.

I have put Rob Brown and Jamie Martin in the squad ahead of Kizza and Julian.
Nobody else (apart from Tem) has shown any real interest in playing (or training) this week.

I will confirm with Jamie this evening

Lol,

Cannot make this week but am looking to be available every week from next week on.

Ta

Jamie can't play this week, he's injured his back and been off work. But he is definitely up for resigning and playing regular once he is fit.

Can I have Tem in the squad now then...and bring Oz with him to play in goal ?
(Please confirm asap).

Rob Jamie and fit does not go right in the same sentence mate

smithy
Rob Jamie and fit does not go right in the same sentence mate

true, maybe I should have said "not injured"

Me and Oz will be there

Just a warning by the way that this lot drew 1-1 with All Blacks (aka Enfield Bullets) last week, so they have obviously improved since we beat them 9-1.
(All Blacks beat us 3-2).

Current League Tables, etc. are here.