THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 1st July)

This coming Thursday night's match (against 1664) is a 9.00.p.m. kick-off, so I think I will take a gamble that the current hot weather will have cooled down a bit by then and arrange a TRAINING SESSION at 8.00.p.m. (on the grass at the far end of the Astroturfs) first.

We therefore want as many current and prospective new (or returning) players as possible to turn up at 8.00.p.m. so that we can get at least 14 over there and have a decent session.
We will then use the fittest/best 8 players for the the 7-a-side match at 9.00.p.m. (with plenty of roll-on, roll-off substitutions) while the rest of us continue training (if necessary).

Our opponents (1664) are currently second in the table and their only defeat so far has been to leaders Wood Green Old Boys, although the 5-0 scoreline suggests that was an awarded result for failing to turn up ! They drew 3-3 with third-placed Emerald Rovers and have beaten teams that we have lost to, so this will be a tough game. They are also a new team in the Waltham Sunday League for 11-a-side next season, albeit in a lower Division than us.

Unfortunately Terry Moore (Wife's Birthday), Martin Loveday (On Holiday) & Andy McGovern (Loveday not coming) won't be there, but I would like to think we can get the following players over there for 8.00.p.m.:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Ollie Tedder (GK/Outfield)
Danny Hagan
Scott Lewis
(Hagan's mate)
& other mates of Hagan's ?
Alan Barnard
Jim Arrowsmith
Rob Brown
Tem Adil
Shen Plumb
(Tem's mate)
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Julian Carvey
(Kizza's mate)
Lee King
Dean Assiamah
(Lee's mate who played last Thursday)
Derek Dorward
Stuart Dorward ?
Tony King
(If he is not still busy at work)
Danny Smith (If he is still interested)
Joe Ansell ?
& any other new or returning players that might get in touch before Thursday.

Everybody attending must bring £5.00 with them in case they are picked to play in the match.
They will also need to bring Astroturf boots (for the match) and moulded-stud boots for the grass (if it has been raining), together with their own shorts, socks, shinpads, sock tape & water.

Please let me know on here, by text or by e-mail if you are available or not.

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 1st July)

Right my mate scott isnt playing this week as he is going to train with another mates team n then next week he will come with us and see what one he preffers.....but im available

out with a client so no can do

My foots heavily bruised at the moment... have to say I'm 5050

Missus is on her sisters hen do this Thurs so I can't make it. I will def be there from next week and I'm pretty sure I will be bringing Jamie Martin with me.

I can't do the training before hand as I start work at 8pm, would be able to get away for the game at 9pm if needed, but if you want to give new players a run out I'm happy to drop out.cheers

Kizza phoned me and said that him and Julian Carvey will be there.

Cannot make this week boys, the missus is on lates.

I think it's best to scrap the training idea this week (again). The following week's match is an 8.00.p.m. kick-off, so if we had training then, we will have to start at 7.00.p.m. It will be too dark after 9.00.p.m.

The squad (of 8) for this Thursday's match (9.00.p.m. kick-off) is now as follows:
Olie Tedder (GK)
Alan Barnard
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Hagan
Lee King
Dean Assiamah
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Julian Carvey

If Derek Dorward is available, he will be the first replacement to come in (ahead of me).

Can the above 8 players (and Del) please confirm they have seen this ?

I have e-mailed Tony King and Danny Smith (amongst others) to find out if they are still interested in playing for the club, but I have not had a reply.

I have also had no response to the advert for new players. To be honest, I think England being so shit and going out of the World Cup like that is going to have a massively damaging effect on Sunday League football. It's not exactly going to get people wanting to start playing again, is it ?
If they had won the World Cup or even just got through to the Final, the interest in wanting to actually play the game would have been enormous.
Most people will now probably take up playing cricket or rugby instead.

No. It won't.

England going out the World Cup is going to massively effect Sunday football
No. It won't.
Why not then, Junior ?

We have already got about 10 players who have totally lost interest judging by the non-response I got to an e-mail I sent out yesterday morning asking players to sign up for next season.
Some of it might be because we (Rovers) are 'shit', but I think in general, people are going to find others things to do than play football...and some will even give up their season tickets for the Premiership.

People will not give up their season tickets to watch the Premiership because they want to watch the Spanish,Dutch, Brazilian, African players etc after suffering watching the English in the World Cup.

At least we have found a Ghanaian who can score to sign for Rovers.

I'll be there.

As almost all people associated with the club will be well aware, my lack of communication over the past few weeks due a new job does not mean I have wiped my hands of Rovers for ever, never to return! I will be playing next season and hopefully some 7 a side games in the coming weeks. Baring a couple of potential meetings, I was in fact hoping to attend the training session tomorrow.

I do need to sign the obligitory form however, by friday according to the email Lol sent me asking whether I was still interested in playing for the club. How quickly people forget what has gone b4!!!!

I will try and pop down for 7 a side tomorrow, if not I will pop and see you Lol if necessary.

TK
I will try and pop down for 7 a side tomorrow
Make sure you bring your boots then, as Olie, Lee King & Dean have not confirmed their availability yet !

Dean cannot play tonight, but Lee is bringing another mate along, so we still have 8...as long as Kizza and his mate don't drop out.

Olie has confirmed (via Danny Hagan) that he will be there to go in goal.

Jim is working in Manchester today but reckons he will get back in time !

Lee now has to work late this evening, so both him and his mate are not playing.
I have tried Tem, but he is still injured and I also tried Del, but he is working late tonight.
I have also texted Tony King but had no reply.

At the moment we have just 7 players including me.

If Olie/Danny Hagan post more messages on here from Steve Vickers and Carlos Valderrama, etc. saying that they are available, they will be deleted !

Tony King is not playing, so we have definitely only got 7 at the most (including me).

I think Kizza's mate might also have dropped out.

Gav Mardell is playing now.

Barney
Gav Mardell is playing now.
...and so is Julian Carvey (Kizza's mate), so we now have 8 including me.