THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 24th June...8.00.p.m.)

Our next 7-a-side League match this coming Thursday night is an 8.00.p.m. kick-off against Boca Sovereign, who failed to turn up for their match last Thursday. (They are the bottom team in the League).
I am currently trying to get some assurances from the Southgate Hockey Centre as to whether Boca Sovereign are going to continue or not but nobody seems to know at the moment, so we therefore have to take it that the game is on.

As we have so many players wanting to play 7-a-side at the moment, I have had to rotate the squad again, so the 8 I want for this match is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Ollie Tedder
Alan Barnard
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Smith
& a mate of Danny Smith's
(if he is interested in joining us and is a forward).
Please can the above players confirm their availability asap ?

If we find out in advance that Boca Sovereign are not going to turn up, then we will be using the pitch for a training session instead. In fact if that happens, we will start at 7.30.p.m. and have a 30-minute warm-up/fitness session on the grass first.

If we have training instead of a match, I am hoping that the following players will also attend so that we can have a 7-a-side at least:
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Tem Adil
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Andy McGovern
Derek Dorward
Lee King
& mate who is interested in joining
Tony King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
& mate(s)

plus any other new or returning players that we might be able to get hold of.

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 24th June...8.00.p.m.)

I'm in

I can play.

I am on holiday for the next 3 weeks. Andy is not likely to come during this period.

A mate of Danny Hagan's (Scott Lewis) is now keen to join us so I have put him in the squad for this Thursday instead of Danny Smith's mate.
I still want Smithy to play this Thursday (if he could confirm).

up for training before the match if it goes ahead. Also available if people drop out.

I'll be there, would like to do a bit of fitness training beforehand as well. If we have any new players turning up who we need to see play, I'm happy to stand down from the 7-a-side squad and just train.

The situation at the moment (Wednesday morning) is that we have 6 'definites' for the match, which is Jacko, Barney, Rob, Danny Hagan, Scott Lewis (Hagan's mate) & Kizza. Kizza has replaced Jim, who is unavailable).
Hagan didn't mention Ollie Tedder in his text, but I assume he knows he is in the squad ?
I will have to chase that up today and will also have to chase up Danny Smith. Yes, I know it's 'wrong', but we have had this debate before and I think it will have to happen for 11-a-side next season as well.

As for getting other players over there and having a training session for everyone starting at 7.30 (before we start our match at 8.00), it appears that Terry Moore, Tem, Lee King & mate and possibly Oz (GK) and Del are willing to do that, but with Loveday, Andy McGovern, Jim, Stuart & Kizza's mate all unavailable and Tony King seemingly having disappeared, I don't see how we can really do that with only 4 or 5. What are they going to do when we start the match at 8.00. ?

I know I have been criticised for not phoning Robin Pryke and Lexton Harrison to try and get them to return to the club and play in a 7-a-side match asap, but the problem we have this week is that there is a strong chance that our opponents may not turn up on the night.
If I ask Robin & Lex to turn up at 7.30 to do some training and Boca Sovereign DO turn up to play the match, I will have to put them both in the 7-a-side team, so who is going to volunteer to drop out to make way for them and then spend an hour (between 8.00 & 9.00) just having a kickabout on the grass with 4 others ?

Also, just a reminder that 7-a-side League Tables, Fixtures & Results can be found here.
Please save this link to your 'Favourites' as I am not going to be able to update the website until August.

Laurence
so who is going to volunteer to drop out to make way for them and then spend an hour (between 8.00 & 9.00) just having a kickabout on the grass with 4 others ?

I said I would Lau, I don't know about anybody else. Recruiting new players is more important than me having a 7-a-side run out.

Sorry, I'm going to have to drop out tonight fellas, missus has got to do something this evening and I'm on Dad duties.

Danny Smith is not replying to texts or putting anything on here so I assume he must be on holiday.

Terry Moore and Tem are therefore now in the squad.
Can they please confirm ?

Will be there

Terry has confirmed his availability by text, so we now have a squad of 8 as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Olie Tedder
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Tem Adil
Danny Hagan
Scott Lewis
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo

I hope Kizza and Scott realise they have to bring their own shorts, socks, shinpads, sock tape, Astroturf boots, water & £5 ?
...otherwise it will be me playing !!!

Kizza has now dropped out with an ankle injury, therefore leaving us with just 7 players.
Danny Smith has also now texted to say he is not playing.

Lee King is next in line to come into the squad.
Can Tem give him a call to see if he needs a lift ?

Lee has a mate that wants to join, but if he comes as well, that will be a squad of 9 and players will moan about being subbed all the time.
It's up to Trev...if he doesn't mind dealing with that.

If Lee is not available, I will come on as a sub if necessary.

Finger me, it will be hot tonight, the more subs the better..........

Scott has now dropped out as he has to work.
I will try and get Lee and his mate to play.

Lee and his mate (don't know his name) are both playing.

Yeah I can give Lee a lift if he needs one

Are Boca Sovereign definitely going to show up? Also, are we intending to meet early for training, even though we don't have any prospective new players? It might be better to conserve energy for the 7-a-side, given the heat...

Barney
Are Boca Sovereign definitely going to show up? Also, are we intending to meet early for training, even though we don't have any prospective new players? It might be better to conserve energy for the 7-a-side, given the heat...
Definitely no training beforehand as we will be lucky to have 8 there including me.

I asked Liz at the SHC to let me know if Boca Sovereign have dropped out but have had no reply. I think she is on holiday. I don't have any contact details for any of the teams we play in the 7-a-side League, so we just have to turn up and hope.
I will be well annoyed if they don't turn up. It has happened to us before where we could have got others over there and had a training session instead.

Kizza now says his ankle is o.k. and he can play !
I have told him to come along as I need him to sign the Multi-Reg Form.
I think we should also still get Lee to bring his mate if he is interested in joining, so we therefore now have a squad of 9 not including me.
If Boca Sovereign don't turn up, we will then do some training and I will join in to have a 5-a-side 2/3-touch session. Olie can go in goal for one of the teams.

If Boca Sovereign DO turn up, I think Tem and Terry will have to play half a match each in order to give others who have not been playing as regularly more of a game...unless Trev is happy to keep making double substitutions.